Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
1 cream cheese or 2??

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 6:58 pm
I think I remember in the past when making cheesecake recipes that called for 2 cream cheeses it was too much mixture for a standard size pie crust (the bought kind).

What do you do?
Does your fit into 1 pie crust, do you made 2 cheesecake (is it enough), or use 1 cream cheese??
Thanks to you balabustas!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:17 pm
only one but then I also use farmers cheese ... so it can depend on the recipe I suppose - is it only cream cheese ?

redhot

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:20 pm
My recipe calls for one 8 ounce whipped cream cheese and half a container of sourcream (large container) for ONE graham cracker crust.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:27 pm
You can make the mixture, pour whatever fits in, and use whatever leftover batter you've got, for a small rectangle foil tin (with some cookie crumbs in the bottom), or miniatures with a vanilla cookie in the bottom of each muffin tin.

bashinda

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:30 pm
I've been using supreme cheesecake from the lubvitch cookbook and omiting the topping. you could get the mini crusts I guess. it's because the recipe is for a springform pan (9" I think)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:32 pm
this time I didn't use a crust and one recipe make one cheesecake; I used to make SEVERAL!

Bsimcha

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:01 pm
I found that 1 1/2 cream cheeses were just right for the rady graham crusts. When I did 2 it overflowed and one is a little too short.

chen

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 10:51 pm
Even if the batter does not overfill the pan, I always pour some into a small second pan so that I can taste it first and still have a whole untouched cake to bring to the table.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus