Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO low calorie, healthy Chicken Capon recipe

sky

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 3:20 pm
Does it exist?
I'm having someone at my meal who is on a low calorie diet and can only eat 100 calories of chicken at the meal.
The dark meat is higher in calories, plus cooking with the skin adds more calories.
Is there any way to cook it that will be flavorful without piling on the calories.

(And if it isn't possible - anyone with a really great capon recipe that isn't really unhealthy - like stuffed with kishka)

Otherwise I"ll just make them grilled white chicken breast - they'd probably rather that anyways and can eat more or it, I was just wondering if there were any low calorie capon recipes out there.

Thanks.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 4:09 pm
Isn't capon dark meat? I would stay away from capon and just make chicken breast.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 4:23 pm
It tastes really good stuffed with a frozen stir fry mix which was lightly seasoned and lightly sautéed in Pam. And the capon seasoned with just onion powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika.
But I don't see how she can eat more than a bite of any chicken if all she is allowed is 100 calories of it.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 5:02 pm
Just under 3 oz of grilled white chicken breast with some soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder should work fine for her.

Guess I'll save the capons for everyone else.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 6:42 pm
@ra_mom - thanks for the idea. I don't think I have the ingredients for this week but I will try it another.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 6:45 pm
Np. I like the julienne style veggies like sugar snap stir fry (sugar snap peas, julienned carrots, onion, mushrooms). I secure each chicken "capon" with one or two toothpicks which I remove after baking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey