Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Great neck - im ashkanazi

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:15 pm
we are a young couple with two kids ages 3 and 1. we currently live in brooklyn. I am from the midwest and like to live a simple laid back lifestyle. my dh dream job is to be pulpit rabbi. someone just approached my husband if hed be interested in something. the something is a pretty decent stepping stone for a guy who would like to become a shul rabbi. the something also comes with a small salary and free rent. the catch is that its in great neck. I know nothing at all besides that great neck is in long island and sephardi. is it totally nuts for a yeshivish ashkenaz couple to move there. please tell me about the community. is it simple, wealthy, yeshivish, modern, a mix of everything. what schools do the kids go to. how.far is it from darchai/far rockaway. what is the nearest community that has yeahivish ashkanazim.we need to.fimd out more about greatneck to.see if we should pursue this something at all.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 7:27 pm
anyone.....

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 7:48 pm
Great Neck has a thriving Ashkenazi MO community. It is by no means yeshivish, but you could drive to kgh for schools and to get your "fix". My friends love it there, but they are all very modern and wealthy.

momaleh

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:37 pm
Very wealthy, but like really. There are lots of ashkenazi MO as previous poster said. I do know of another couple that did what you're doing about 15 years ago, don't know what happened to them. Maybe get in touch with Abby Lerner, she is the Rebbetzin of the YI there. they are YU type, but very frum, wonderful people. Check out there web site for contact info. IT's about a 15 minute drive to schools in KGH, other peolple have done it and probably still do.

pistachio88

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:57 am
I grew up ashkenazi in Great Neck and have family there now feel free to pm me with any questions.

nyer1

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:01 am
there are ashkenazim there. but if you are looking for simple and laid back, great neck isn't for you. it is a very very rich place.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 7:41 am
Are there any Yeshivish sephardim there or is the community on a whole wealthy and modern regardless if ashkanaz or sephari?

flippingout18!

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 11:14 pm
I grew up near gn. please feel free to PM me.

5mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 12:44 am
momaleh wrote:
Maybe get in touch with Abby Lerner, she is the Rebbetzin of the YI there. they are YU type, but very frum, wonderful people.

You meant "and", not "but", correct?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 5:15 am
MY cousins are there. Very wealthy. Don't go there for simple, easy life. IME
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating