Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Beef Chuck Steak - for Friday night meal

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 8:28 pm
My husband bought beef chuck steak for the Friday night meal. What can I do with it that isn't too difficult, and will taste good even though it's not made fresh. I'm working late tomorrow, so either I have to make it in the morning, or I can prepare it and have my kids put it up closer to Shabbos.

scrltfr

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 8:42 pm
Braise it in the oven

penguin

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 10:19 pm
This was a while ago, but I think I did minute steak, dice onions, celery, maybe carrots under & over it & bake. I don't remember if there was liquid or veg made their own sauce. Covered, of course.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 10:20 pm
How do I braise it?

imamothertoo

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 11:36 pm
There is a thread on that I don't know how to copy the link. Do a search on top. Type in Quick!! How long to cook a beef chuck steak???

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 2:24 am
Chuck is a tough mustle so you needs low and slow cooking. Dust with flour, salt pepper and lots of paprika, sear with a bit of oil. Move to an oven proof casserole. Sautée cut onions, carrots and celery in the same pan for 2-3 minutes and place below and above meat. Pour half cup of red wine (preferably not too sweet ) , a generous squeeze of bbq sauce 1 teaspoon onion soup mix or soy sauce in the pan, get yummy bits stuck on the pan dissolved, then pour over meat /veggie. Double foil to cover, bake in 180c for 30 min, then reduce to 125c for 2-3hrs. This is for 1.5-2kg meat. For something smaller like 1kg 2hrs should be enough, larger piece needs longer cooking. Comes out flavourful and tender.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 9:29 am
Thanks everyone. I stuck it in the freezer and took out chicken. It was much easier not to have to think about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics