Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Girls and boys schools in RBS

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 1:24 pm
Please help me decide!!!

We really love the sound of bnos Malka for my daughter. The only thing my husband says he can't justify paying for the school when we wanted to get away from tuition and how it is the same as the regular beis yaakov. So please tell me are there a lot of differences? If it's really much better than I'm happy to pay! Please help me decide!

Now boys schools, I have no idea! What are the options? We want a chareidi school but also with decent secular education incase my son doesn't turn out to be a learner! Please help, where do you send your son? Are you happy? Etc etc!

Thank you so so much it's a huge mitzvah as I'm really confused and frightened!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 2:09 pm
Darchei Noam is chareidi with a solid secular education... Lots of boys go on to Maarrava or Mesivata (good solid chareidi high schools with secular education)

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 5:24 pm
Bnos Malka is more Anglo.

Magen Avot is a great Talmud Torah that has secular studies.

You have to visit each school to get a feel for how the kids are and where your kids are better off. I was told about each school but nothing replaces a visit.

Also, some schools will invite you for an interview only to tell you they have no space. I don't know why they bother.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 11:04 pm
Anyone else?

4Sisters

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 4:08 am
Well, if you want to get away from paying tuition, Magen Avot (10,000NIS/year) is not a good option....

Hatzlacha figuring it out!

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 5:17 am
amother wrote:
Darchei Noam is chareidi with a solid secular education... Lots of boys go on to Maarrava or Mesivata (good solid chareidi high schools with secular education)

As someone whose son graduated from Maarava I am here to tell you that it is a wonderful school but barely has a secular education. My brilliant son graduated with the lowest possible bagruyot bcz. that is what they offered, and he was too busy learning (which is what they encouraged) to pursue bagruyot with more points on his own.
My son is the only one out of 37 graduates who went on to a daati leumi yeshiva gavoha.
Just saying that I'm not sure Maarava should be your goal for high school if you want your son to go on to work someday.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 5:49 am
My daugter goes to magen avot and we are very happy with it. Has a nice mix of Israelis and anglos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions