Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info about moving to Lakewood

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 8:51 pm
I live in BP now and I'm looking to move somewhere affordable. Where in Lakewood is the Chassidish community? I dont need everyone there to be chassidish, but I dont want to be the only chassidish one there.

Where are the main shopping areas and chassidish cheders?

What is a cul de sac? Are there other housing terms I need to know?

Anything else to look out for?

Thanks so much!

doctorima

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 11:53 pm
A cul de sac is a dead-end street that ends in a circle that loops back out. I don't know anything about the chassidish community there, except that getting your kids into schools is next-to-impossible, and if you don't have an admission for both boys and girls confirmed in writing, you're in for a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 11:08 am
I think there are different areas of Chassidim, depending on the particular Chassidus. For example, Belz built a community, I think that's Harmony Park. There are also alot of Chassidim in the area that runs thru neighborhoods like Whispering Pines, on to East County Line Road and streets off these areas - East Harvard, East End, Agway, etc...these areas are not exclusively Chassidish but there are some large Chassidish shuls that are attracting Chassidish families (like Rachmastrivke, for example). I had a neighbor who is Satmar, that moved to Whispering Pines.

It's becoming such that there are shopping centers being built near many different neighborhoods, rather than just in a specific central area, though Clifton Avenue certainly still has the most variety. There's the Village Square shopping area, with Kosher Village and Pizza shop right in the heart of the E County Line area, and new supermarkets have been built down Route 9 close to other areas.

Hope this info helps.

blossoming flower

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 11:18 am
The new development Stamford Meadows also has a chassidish crowd. Or developments down Route 9 like Sterling Forest or Chateau Park.

freedomseek

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 2:35 pm
Toms river is a quickly developing chassidish neighborhood. Homes are beautiful and affordable.

debsey

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 3:24 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I think there are different areas of Chassidim, depending on the particular Chassidus. For example, Belz built a community, I think that's Harmony Park. There are also alot of Chassidim in the area that runs thru neighborhoods like Whispering Pines, on to East County Line Road and streets off these areas - East Harvard, East End, Agway, etc...these areas are not exclusively Chassidish but there are some large Chassidish shuls that are attracting Chassidish families (like Rachmastrivke, for example). I had a neighbor who is Satmar, that moved to Whispering Pines.

It's becoming such that there are shopping centers being built near many different neighborhoods, rather than just in a specific central area, though Clifton Avenue certainly still has the most variety. There's the Village Square shopping area, with Kosher Village and Pizza shop right in the heart of the E County Line area, and new supermarkets have been built down Route 9 close to other areas.

Hope this info helps.

There's also Stolin on Ridge, and some of the cul-de-sacs off Ridge are becoming chassidish. Chateau Park has a chassidishe shul and a yeshivishe shul, and it's right near a lot of shopping (there's going to be a whole shopping plaza across the road from it.) Toms River has a Belz community.
Your best bet is to talk to a real estate agent. They really know the various crowds and where you'll be most likely to fit in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating