Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Where do you keep the toilet brush?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:50 pm
I am wondering because I'm buying a new one now and they have some real fancy ones. So I assume those are meant to be left out near the toilet. But isn't it a little gross to leave it out?

I think it makes more sense to leave it in a separate place and just take it out whenyou're cleaning the bathroom.
Or do some people brush it after every use?
What do most people do? I don't really pay attention when I go to other people's bathrooms.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:06 pm
I personally keep them behind the toilet, so that if someone makes a mess they can clean up after, and not leave it to me!

Also, what would be a more appropriate place for a toilet brush than next to the toilet? I'd rather not be moving a dripping toilet brush more than a foot away from the immediate toilet vicinity...

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:08 pm
Mine isn't fancy and I keep it next to the toilet in the corner of the room. Never really thought about how it looks. I always thought it belongs there.

love2eat

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:12 pm
Keep it near the toilet!!! It doesn't belong with the cleaning supplies that can be used anywhere around the house...a toilet brush is for the toilet ONLY!!!!! that's why it's called a toilet brush! It's not a cleaning brush....

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:01 pm
Near the toilet bowl. It comes with a holder and it's nice.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 3:40 am
I'm planning on getting a holder that attaches to the wall for it. Much better looking than the plastic thing on the floor.
I have seen silicon toilet brushes that look cleaner. I wonder if it cleans well?

Sadie

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 5:24 am
Leave it next to the toilet. If you have a guest and they make a mess, it would be very embarrassing for them to have to ask you where you keep the brush. For sure they would want to be able to clean up after themselves without you ever knowing about it.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 7:59 am
I'm always grossed out by the drips of water from the toilet brush untill it reaches it's destination on the corner floor. It's a very short travel, but even those few drops make my stomach turn.

I'm not the type to mop that area each time I clean. Any suggestions?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 8:05 am
Next to the toilet. Is this a trick question?

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
I'm always grossed out by the drips of water from the toilet brush untill it reaches it's destination on the corner floor. It's a very short travel, but even those few drops make my stomach turn.

I'm not the type to mop that area each time I clean. Any suggestions?

Lift the seat, place the brush handle on the rim of the bowl with the bristles over the center of the bowl, and anchor the whole thing by putting the seat back down. Leave until the brush stops dripping.

Or pour some bleach into the bowl, leave the brush soaking in it for a few minutes, then flush and rinse the brush.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 4:37 pm
they make them with little holders to place them in for hygienic purposes ... an extra flush with a rinse is required before putting them back into the holder ... right near the toilet is the best place

tichellady

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 4:53 pm
Bathrooms should always have a toilet brush, plunger, and a garbage can with a cover.

ven

Post Sat, Apr 02 2016, 4:59 pm
My toilet brush is next to the toilet, it' s in a nice holder attached to the wall. So guests and family can clean up after themselves when needed.
Ps: my three year old even uses it

miriamk123

Post Sat, Apr 02 2016, 6:47 pm
I use the disposable Clorox toilet brush. Throw out the attachment after each use, and have a bunch of refills inside the container.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry