Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Choose Your Ideal Vacation
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Which would you choose for an Ideal Vacay?
LA and Hawaii  
 19%  [ 23 ]
Arizona and Las Vegas  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sedona AZ, Las Vegas AND LA  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Hawaii only  
 23%  [ 28 ]
Cancun or down south somewhere  
 22%  [ 26 ]
Elsewhere - where and why?  
 29%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 118

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 5:16 pm
Ireland and Japan.

tymama

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 11:06 pm
I always wanted to go to Greece. Just seems so beautiful and tranquil

HonesttoGod

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 11:14 pm
All these choices are so fun!

Well we don't have the completely unlimited funds yet but we are trying to book a vacation with our savings [we've saved a nice amount for this specifically BH].
It would only be for 1-2 weeks as we can't leave the kids for so long (still haven't decided if I want to leave my kids for so long) so Japan etc is out the picture.
Also our miles are good for a US airline which means not too many European options available.
We have added Florida (for 5 days), cancun and curcao to our list now.
I want to go somewhere with good relaxing vibes (beach basically) but also fun activities since we won't have the kids with us.

My options are endless and the more I research the more money I end up needing.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 11:20 pm
cnc wrote:
Would definitely love Hawaii but I'm an awful traveler and there's no way I would handle the flight, (even with a stopover).

I'm the worst flyer (Xanax does nothing for me) and I went to Hawaii 2 years ago. We flew from island to island on tiny shaky airplanes, and that was beside the loooong flights to and from NY.

I would do it again 100 times! It was the most enjoyable 10 days ever...like a dream. Hawaii is beautiful and different like no place I've ever been and the memories make me happy until today.

jade

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 11:49 pm
I want to go to Iceland so badly. Also, I don't expect to ever afford it, but I would love to go on an Antarctic cruise. Yes, I am fully prepared to live on instant noodles, crackers, and peanut butter for the duration.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:35 am
Why wasn't Israel on the list? On a list for religious women, it ought to be a choice, if not the first one.

tichellady

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:02 am
amother wrote:
Why wasn't Israel on the list? On a list for religious women, it ought to be a choice, if not the first one.

Many people have been to Israel many times ( or live there). While I love Israel, it's not a vacation spot for me. I feel like we have so many family and friends to see when there that it ends up being very social but not very relaxing. Like how a big family trip is special but not exactly a relaxing romantic vacation.

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:04 am
amother wrote:
I'm the worst flyer (Xanax does nothing for me) and I went to Hawaii 2 years ago. We flew from island to island on tiny shaky airplanes, and that was beside the loooong flights to and from NY.

I would do it again 100 times! It was the most enjoyable 10 days ever...like a dream. Hawaii is beautiful and different like no place I've ever been and the memories make me happy until today.

You make me jealous Twisted Evil

I hope to go one day. I remember my father went there when I was a kid, for buisness trip , he brought home cute prizes that had to do with pineapples. There's lots of pineapples there he said. I don't remember, but I do remember he didn't stop talking of this trip to Hawaii!!! Very Happy

tryinghard

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 9:44 am
With an unlimited budget, I would rent a luxury villa in Hawaii with a completely private beach

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 9:48 am
amother wrote:

because most of us have been there many times and even lived there for a year of seminary.

we are discussing exotic places we want to go. Israel is not exotic- it's a part of our life.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 10:15 am
I wouldn't go to America. Probably India.

sprayonlove

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:57 pm
I've always wanted to go to Italy!

WastingTime

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 2:08 pm
Switzerland
Maybe Ireland

Lots of green picturesque backgrounds. As I live in Israel wouldn't think of going to the U.S.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 3:48 pm
I'm with Pewter. Israel for me.

But if I had to be more local, I'd want a place with really good kosher food. Although I've done a couple of trips with shlepping food, it's a lot of work and I think part of a vacation is being served and pampered.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:55 pm
After Israel, I think I'd like somewhere that is warm but not too hot, has great spa amenities, and nice parks and museums. Whichever of those places qualify, I'm in. Smile

I've never taken a vacation like this before (or any, for that matter!) and really, I'd take any of the options.

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 10:02 pm
Eretz Yisrael for me. First choice for me. I am yearning to be there, to just walk the streets of the old city again, to be at the Kosel. To explore our land. The land that I love, where my heart belongs. The land where I feel Hashem's presence so much more than in chu'l...

Those of you who say you have been there so many times, you don t realize how lucky you are! yes, I was in seminary in Y-m, almost twenty years ago, and have visited EY only three other times in my life.
I would choose it over any exotic destination!

Emotional

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 10:12 pm
Somewhere quiet, peaceful, with extremely clean air.
I would want to go for two weeks: the first week I would do nothing but sleep and relax. The second week I would want my husband to come join me so we could do some touring and sightseeing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 3:26 pm
OK, if there's no private or sep. beach how does this work??? I don't know how I'd dress.....

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 10:38 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
You make me jealous Twisted Evil

I hope to go one day. I remember my father went there when I was a kid, for buisness trip , he brought home cute prizes that had to do with pineapples. There's lots of pineapples there he said. I don't remember, but I do remember he didn't stop talking of this trip to Hawaii!!! Very Happy

There is definitely a pineapple theme there and coffee too! I hope you get to go one day Very Happy

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:36 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Ireland and Japan.

I like it! Ireland for the lush verdant landscapes and hiking, Japan for the completely different (from my experiences anyway) culture and aesthetics.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics