Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Nutrichef oil press anyone? Time sensitive!

sofaraway

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 1:42 am
Hi,
So we decided to make walnut oil for pesach this year, as we do not use anything processed (besides for wine and meat).
We bought that super cool machine and 50lbs of walnuts but we can't get the machine to produce oil!
We make it function, and it does spurt out the ground nuts, but no oil Sad
Anyone has it and successfully used it?

sofaraway

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:52 pm
Anyone able to help me?

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 4:49 am
Did you call the company?

I hope you figure it out.

Maybe olive oil is easier to make? Can you use the same press for that?

spring13

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:04 am
Look on youtube or the website for instructional videos? Is it possible the nuts you're using are somehow dried out?

sofaraway

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 5:48 pm
They
Mention a website on the box but it doesn't lead anywhere in reality.
The instructional videos I found just show how to assemble the machine, put in your bits and voila! But it doesn't work for me Sad
We don't take olives on pesach, but thanks.
About fired out, they are regular walnuts....

flmommy

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 6:18 pm
Read the first review on Amazon. Some bring about needing to push down a little white button and some other troubleshooting ideas.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:18 pm
sofaraway wrote:
Hi,
So we decided to make walnut oil for pesach this year, as we do not use anything processed (besides for wine and meat).
We bought that super cool machine and 50lbs of walnuts but we can't get the machine to produce oil!
We make it function, and it does spurt out the ground nuts, but no oil Sad
Anyone has it and successfully used it?

Same situation here. And there is nobody to call. So we finally gave up. We got 1 teaspoon of oil in about 24 hours. And kept having to restart the machine because about every 20 minutes it stopped.
Then we tried making coconut oil because it seemed easier. And you have to let the coconut milk sit for a day. So there I have containers of coconut milk on my counter. I stayed up till about 2 am to finish preparing it. And then my cleaning lady, who I specifically told not to touch those containers, only to wash everything else, dumps all the coconut milk and washes the containers. She speaks not a word of English, so I am not sure what she thought I told her to do. I gave her the same instructions last week about containers of potato starch in progress, and those she left untouched. So why in the world would I think today would be different?!

sofaraway

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 10:39 pm
Omg! Amother!!!! That's horrific!!!!
I'm so sorry for what you went through!!!!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 10:49 pm
sofaraway wrote:
Omg! Amother!!!! That's horrific!!!!
I'm so sorry for what you went through!!!!

Thanks for your sympathy. We will have to deal. I already made shmaltz to use for anything I dont mind being fleishig. Just gotta figure out what to do about cookies...

And I went amother because I must've told this to anyone I spoke to today.

sofaraway

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:09 pm
Also, another, you can most probably return the oil press to Amazon. That's what we are doing!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:11 pm
sofaraway wrote:
Also, another, you can most probably return the oil press to Amazon. That's what we are doing!

That's the plan. And if they won't take it back, my credit card has a guaranty program which we will use. It was an expensive machine, so no joke for it to fail so miserably.

sofaraway

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:24 pm
We called Amazon and they made absolutely no problem t return it!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:36 pm
sofaraway wrote:
We called Amazon and they made absolutely no problem t return it!

So glad to hear that. I can't deal with that right now, it'll have to wait till after yom tov.

What are you doing about oil instead?

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 4:52 am
I use bought oil but my sister doesn't. She sautes veggies with a bit of water. There are a few cakes and cookies you can make without oil - look for the 123 cookie recipe on here, and spice and spirit has oil free cake recipes I think. Meringues don't need oil. Sorbet.

You can make some nice cakes or cookies with all those crushed walnuts. (assuming you use sugar, otherwise I guess charoses is sorted)

If you are on fb there is a group call genius pesach ideas for people who don't brock and buy zero from the shops with some good recipe ideas.

Amother, sorry about your coconut oil. That is crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen