Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Forgot to eat eruv tavshilin

seeker

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:03 am
Now what? embarrassed

tichellady

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:10 am
It's fine. You made it so you could ensure you had something to eat for Shabbos and you clearly had what to eat for Shabbos.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:45 am
seeker wrote:
Now what? embarrassed

I think this was the first time we remembered!!!

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 1:26 am
I don't know. But isn't there usually community eruv tavshilin to be relied upon bdieved?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 1:59 am
AYLOR.

For the future, the eruv tavshilin doesn't have to be a separate maachal that you have to make a deliberate effort to remember to eat.

We always use a challah roll or piece of matza that is then labelled as such and used for lechem mishna for shabbos lunch. And instead of using a hard boiled egg that no one wants to eat for shaleshudis, we use a piece of chicken that will be served as part of the main course for lunch. We stick a toothpick in it to make sure we know which piece we used to make the erev tavshilin and just make sure that someone eats that specific piece.

seeker

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 4:56 am
We used a random piece of matzah and a hard boiled egg - not that no one wants to eat! We DID eat eggs! Just not that one because it was on a different fridge shelf. Oh well. They had all been cooked together, not specifically for Shabbos but a large batch on chol hamoed with the intention of lasting a few days. Other than that I hadn't cooked anything yet for Shabbos anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions