Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Richmond VA

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 12:44 pm
Sounds like a great place! Cheap school, nice houses, nice community. Anyone from there or been there?

shaimac1

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 1:19 pm
Hi! I don't live in Richmond, Va, but I have a few friends that do. Here is a link from the OU Community Fair that lists a bunch of communities you may be interested in and Richmond, VA is one of them! https://www.ou.org/fair/communities/ feel free to check out the website and use the contact information provided on the site! If you have any more questions feel free to PM me! Good luck!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:57 pm
Thanks for the link! Have you ever been there? I'm wondering what type of community it is.

shaimac1

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 9:15 pm
I have not personally been to Richmond, VA, but my understanding from friends is that it is a growing Modern Orthodox community. Where in some OOT communities 90% of the women are wearing wigs, and only 10% cover in other manners in Richmond the opposite is true (but talk to people that live there this is just what I heard!). I know that they also don't have the cheapest housing around, but still much cheaper than other places in the East Coast for sure! In terms of tuition they do help the first year or so, but get details and learn your numbers before you jump in! Best advice talk to the contacts and go for a Shabbos! Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating