Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ordering food online

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 11 2011, 10:00 am
Have you ordered food online and had a problem with the hechsherim ?

I have and it hardly seems worth it. Sad

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 3:51 pm
I do bulk of food shopping online and never had problems with hechsherim. Firstly, I know exactly which brand/item I'm ordering that have reliable hechsher (or on the kosher list). A very important feature is I can request "no substitution". It's a bit frustrating that I don't receive one if the store doesn't carry a particular item, but at least they won't send something else that's not on the kosher list. Also I have an option to return any unwanted items to the driver.

Chocoholic

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 3:56 pm
I used to like kosher.com, it had a very wide assortment, lots of chalav stam, etc... A few months ago their assortment started to decline... I gotta find somewhere else with a wide chalav stam selection..

sequoia

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 4:29 pm
The kosher section of FreshDirect has some stuff...

Raisin

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 4:37 pm
yes. I order from a non kosher supermarket things like fruit and veg, household items, drinks, and various food products that I know are kosher. Sometimes they subsitute odd things (like white sauce instead of lasagna) but usually it is fine. I check any subs to make sure I don't get anything wrong and return them to the driver.

No kosher stores deliver to me so I have to do that in person.

Happy18

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 10:38 am
Very frustrated with the kosher.com situation. I used to order from them every week. Then they stopped fresh produce and I ordered every two weeks. Now that they have removed so many of their products its not worth it.

Anyone know what caused this change?

Mevater

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:35 pm
sequoia wrote:
The kosher section of FreshDirect has some stuff...

I just heard about freshdirect. What are the advantages of buying there? What are the best items to buy there?

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 6:26 pm
I order from Breadberry's website often and love it.

Lani22

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:06 pm
Mevater wrote:
I just heard about freshdirect. What are the advantages of buying there? What are the best items to buy there?

The main advantage of ordering from fresh direct for me was not having to go to the grocery store and shlep the food home
I lived in the city and having it delivered to my door was just much easier.
That being said, it is in my experience more expensive them allot of grocery stores. I never shopped from a list but by what was on sale on the site that week. Have you tried ezkosher.com? I switched to ezkosher when I heard about it. It was so great to be able to get all my kosher groceries and produce in one delivery. Plus prices were way better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen