Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Apartment to rent in Boro Park

mmyy

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 11:11 am
We currently looking to move into a 2 bd. apt. in Boro park and I was looking in a lot of websites like zillow, and it seems that whenever an apt. comes in right a way when I call the agent I can't get an appointment to come see because it's gone already
Where else can I look for apt. to be from the first knowing about it?
(looking in the 18th ave & 60th st. area)

gande

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 11:29 am
You need to look in the Jewish classifieds.

doctorima

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 11:52 am
Jewish Press, luach.com, you can also put up a sign in shuls in the area that you're looking to rent

mmyy

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:07 pm
The Jewish website and papers has much less apt than the non Jewish ones
And I don't mind going out a little bit like to 63rd St. or so
The problem is not finding the problem look more like that it's gone the minute it in the listing

mmyy

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:09 pm
Also the non Jews prices are more reasonable

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:16 pm
You need to tell all your neighbors and friends and anyone you see leaving a house in the area you want to move to taht you are looking and give them your number if they know of anything.
Next check hamodia classifieds on Tuesday evening (online) for their Wednesday paper.
Also go and get the weekly link and torah times first thing wednesday morning and look at the back. Call immediately. By Wednesday evening people have viewed these apartments already.

If you see any new bulidings in the area ask for the owners number, call and ask if he will be renting apartments.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 1:20 pm
You need to read the IRL classifieds the same morning they come out and make calls immediately.
Pick up the free torah times first thing Wednesday morning. Same for the link (find out when it comes out), weekly Hamodia and Jewish Press (purchase at any Jewish grocery or convenience store).
Then you need to rush over to see the apartment right away and sign quickly if you like it. It's always first come first serve to the first couple the landlord would like to do business with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating