Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Who are you for in the US presidential elections???
Previous  1  2  3  4

Who would you vote for to be President of the US if the election was today?
Clinton  
 25%  [ 40 ]
Sanders  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Trump  
 42%  [ 68 ]
Other  
 20%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 160

gold21

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 3:48 pm
marina wrote:
If I told you that there's always a risk of e-coli anytime you buy lettuce, would you stop eating lettuce? If I told you that there's a real risk of your child dying in an accident the next time you drive him or her- because car accidents are the number one cause of children's death in America - would you still take your child? If I told you there are molesters in schools and on playgrounds, would you home school your child?

Your example does not reflect statistical reality and how people actually respond to risk. People take precautions to limit the risk- seatbelts, supervision, etc - but they don't eliminate risky activities from their lives. Otherwise, we'd never get out of bed.

And really - the risk of dying from a terrorist attack in America is so minute, it's not really worth our consideration. Unless you're also worried about dying in a lightning storm while being eaten by a shark.

If you told me there is a risk of e.coli from iceberg lettuce but not from romaine, I would stick with romaine.

I am kind definitely a cautious kind of person and am not the risk-taking type.

If there were a lightning storm, you bet I would run to take shelter. Sharks? I dont even go past knee length water at the beach. Lol.

Managing risk is not a bad thing.

marina

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 5:07 pm
gold21 wrote:
If you told me there is a risk of e.coli from iceberg lettuce but not from romaine, I would stick with romaine.

I am kind definitely a cautious kind of person and am not the risk-taking type.

If there were a lightning storm, you bet I would run to take shelter. Sharks? I dont even go past knee length water at the beach. Lol.

Managing risk is not a bad thing.

No one suggests that managing risk is a bad thing. That's why, for example, I'd be in favor of a measure that grants preference in refugee status to women and small children.

And there's no such thing as 100% safe lettuce. There's always a risk of e-coli, no matter how small. There's certainly a risk of being a terror victim even if not one refugee enters the country. You could, for example, be a victim of environmental terrorism or health clinic terrorism or White Power terrorism.

Last edited by marina on Sun, May 08 2016, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

marina

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 5:08 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Marina . .. I'm sorry I need to be blunt
Are you on the payroll four some Arab PR group or do you just hate your own people that much??

Because everyone who disagrees with your politics hates Jews? Or is being paid off by someone else? That's a sad way to live. Sad

eschaya

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:20 pm
Not voting. Period. Can't stomach any of them. Never thought it would come to this.

Dandelion1

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 9:36 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
You do realize that this is how it begins, right? Choosing one religion as better?

Your argument sickens me. The refugee argument? Try this on: 3-5% of Americans are sociopaths. That's more than one in one hundred, yet you let these normal everyday people move in next door to you every day.

This is how it begins

Nobody chose any religion as better, why did you say that? Confused

They said that certain countries at this point in history proudly proclaim ideological hatred for our country along with the stated and demonstrated intention of carrying out that hatred through extreme violence against civilians. And that accepting citizens from those countries is worrysome.

An honest debate might include the argument that this is still not a reason to exclude the unfortunate multitudes, the large percentage of which, are not inclined toward terrorist acts.

But this liberal game, of blowing smoke by ignoring the fact that there IS a threat to be considered, doesn't draw people into discussion. I guess it's easier to scream racism! than to have true informed and educated debate about what is real. But it's sad, because then nothing of relevance gets brought to the table, and there can be no meeting of the minds.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics