Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Knitting

loveit

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 3:52 pm
I'm thinking about learning how to knit. Now that I am finished with graduate school, I have so much extra time on my hands! Can anyone recommend class (I live in LA) or books, or even tips for starting? I just want to be able to make blankets and scarves...nothing too complicated, I just thought it might be fun to learn something new.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:00 pm
knitting is not difficult. There are websites that you can learn from. Otherwise, go to Michael's or any store that sells yarn and ask them if there are classes.

I know Michael's teaches.

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:23 pm
does anybody know where I can learn in Israel? I am a lefty, I have a hard time learning from righty. My bubby is a righty and it was hard for her to teach me, although she was able to teach me to crochet really well. Cheers

su7kids

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:30 pm
I learned from a lefty, who learned from a righty, so we all knit wierd!!

But my mom sat OPPOSITE a person who was teaching rather than next to, and copied her that way.

Websites.
http://learn-to-knit.com/left1.htm for example.

I think if you understand the concept of how the yarn goes around the needles, you can get started and then work out your own way to hold the needles.

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 4:48 pm
Thanks, I will try that. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics