Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move 8 months pregnant or with newborn
Previous  1  2

sourstix

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 8:48 pm
move pregnant or wait 6 monts after birth. its much easier when pregnant, you can get so much help

kollel wife

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:28 am
I know I personally feel much better post partum when all is in order and clean and organized. Hormones wise I find it very stressful to be "up in the air", out of order, etc.

Are you the same way?

debbie321

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:58 am
I moved into my house at 6 months. the packing and unpacking, stress of moving was tough. but I realized better to do it before newborn vuz with a new born ur tired and working on their schedule. llus u hav to stop and feed, plus everything else cuz they r completely dependant on u! I had a few things left to unpack that I didnt get to till baby was 3 months because no time, and was always busy with baby! and in my free time, I was sleeping or doing laundry or preparing food. as hard as it moght seem, better to do it before, when there is no baby underfoot...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
I live currently live in Brooklyn with no family nearby. I work full time and my dh is not working. Bh he found a job in the oot city that I am from and my parents still live. His job starts 9/1. I am IYH due in August. I am very unsure how to time this move. I have two kids aged 3 and 1 so they are not really a factor in the timing. I can move at the end of June and then we will be just burning through savings until my husband starts his job in September. I am not sure I will have an apartment in our new city until 9/1 so we will end up in my parents basement for 2 months which is not so ideal. On the flip side I will have help with my kids when I have the baby and im sure the actual move is a million times easier pregnant than with a newborn. If I move after I have the baby we will be better off financially and I won't be stuck in my parents basement but I will have to move with a newborn and I will have zero help at all when I IYH have the baby. What would u recommend? Did anyone move 8 months preg or with a newborn? Please share your experience. This move is a big move. It is from Brooklyn to the midwest.

We moved when I was almost 9m pregnant. It was hard, but I think it would have been harder to do with an infant who needs lots of attention. We moved April 1, and I had the baby April 10. The only difference is that we didn't move out of state or even out of city. We moved to a condo within the city we were already in. Then again, packing is packing, no matter where you are going.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:33 am
obviously everyone has a different answer because for some, being 8 months pregnant is horrible and exhausting and they feel incredible after the birth, and for others is vice versa!

now, if you're asking my opinion, hands down, I would move 8 months pregnant.
I moved with an 8 week old and barely 2 year old- it was so stressful. we had zero help, no babysitters around, I wasn't able to do anything.
my husband had to do everything - which was super challenging because we moved because he started a new job.

on the other hand, my sister just moved just a few blocks away, she was 8 months pregnant, and not to scare you, went into labor and had a premature baby.
bh everything was fine! but the stress of the move most definitely caused it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating