Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Best stage in life

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:14 pm
I was having a conversation with my coworker the other day. We both thought that we were at the best stages in life. I am 29 with two kids. As a kid you are always waiting for the next step in life. I didnt get married till I was almost 25. It hurts me that I didnt take advantage of my single years I should have traveled more volunteered more etc but all my friends were married and moved on and I was waiting until my prince charming came. Then I got married and I wanted a family. Now I bh have two kids age 1 and 3. My life is very full between work adn taking care of my kids. I feel like l am at the best stage in life now. I am old enough and bh married with kids that I am not waiting for the next step in life to happen now. I am really appreciating today. I am young enough that my kids while physically demanding are not emotionally demanding yet. I dont worry about their friends their grades etc yet. My parents are still bh healthy working middle aged people. My coworker who is in her fifties was saying how she feels she at the best stage. She is old enough that she has life experience she is not running after toddlers anymore. She is young enough she is not having aches and pains yet. She still has two highschoolers home to keep her young and feel like she is still making supper at night and raising kids but they are grown up enough that she is not tied down to them at all. I realize that it is very healthy to always think that you are in the best stage because that means that you are appreciating today but I wonder what all your opinions are....

Merrymom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 12:32 pm
There's good and bad in every stage of life. It depends on whether you are an appreciative happy person or not. Old people can be kvetches, young people can be even bigger ones. It's just a personality thing to my mind.

rae

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:13 pm
I like how you both think you're at the best stage. With that attitude it should always be "best".

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 3:28 pm
op here. I started this post to hear peoples opinion on the topic. is there a stage in life that you really miss or are excited to reach? or at all times do u really think hey this stage is really good cuz xyz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics