Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD wants a bra to sleep in for camp

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:09 pm
DD wants me to buy her a bra for her to sleep in during camp. She says all the girls wear one, and is not sure exactly what they are wearing but she knows it is something. Any idea what comfy bra I can get her for this? She is a size 32A, so no need for any support Smile

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:47 pm
Maybe a sports bra

SRB

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 8:30 pm
A sports bra

DrMom

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 2:49 pm
I don't understand why she needs to sleep in a bra, but go to the teen section of the nearest dept store and buy a super lightweight stretchy seamless knit bra.

Sportsbras? My idea of a sportsbra is a rather tight-fitting one. I wouldn't want to sleep in one.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 6:03 pm
http://m.gap.eu/product.html?d.....false

Something like that maybe?

cm

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 9:58 pm
I'm not sure what teens are wearing at camp these days, but I prefer Genie bras to sports bras as the straps are farther apart (like a regular bra) and are unlikely to show at the neckline of a t-shirt. Very light, soft, comfortable and inexpensive.

(I have recommended a Genie bras so often that Imamothers might think I have some kind of stake in the company, but I assure you I am just a satisfied customer!)

Rutabaga

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 10:24 pm
Whatever you get her, please make sure that it's light and breathable and doesn't have any wires. I had some great cotton bras at that age that didn't give the best support but were comfortable and much better in the heat than ones made from synthetic material. Also, get her at least 2 so she can wash one and wear one.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
DD wants me to buy her a bra for her to sleep in during camp. She says all the girls wear one, and is not sure exactly what they are wearing but she knows it is something. Any idea what comfy bra I can get her for this? She is a size 32A, so no need for any support Smile

Victoria's Secret sells these thin bralettes, no underwire, very light and comfy. They're from the Pink line.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children