Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving from Brooklyn to Lakewood, what areas to look at

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:08 am
Hello-
We are looking to move to Lakewood in August and would like some help on what areas to look into. We are looking for a diverse part of Lakewood with people with lots of different backgrounds. I am Sephardi and my husband is Askenask, also my husband now works. We just want to fit in and feel comfortable.

Adding to the original post -
We are looking for a fairly young community as we are a young couple married just over a year with a baby.

Maybe a community complex?

Last edited by friends_89 on Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Emotional

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 1:45 am
Do you have school-age kids? If you do, I assume you have them placed somewhere?

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:28 am
I have a baby so we are not ready for school as yet.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:41 am
The Martin Luther King, Pine River area is a mixture of Spheradim and Ashkenazim. Working and learning. Most people there are serious frum, so the women dress standard Lakewood tznius.

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:51 am
Thank you I will look into those areas. I think we are pretty frum, so we are not too worried about that.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:57 am
Are you looking to buy or rent?

I agree that the MLK/Pine/Forest Park area could work for you.

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:08 am
Looking to rent

L K

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:15 am
Guys, are you kidding about forest park?

True, it's a mix of Ashkenazi and Sephardi but that's where the variety ends.

It's quite a yeshivish place, and not the youngest crowd by a long shot. Most people have been making bar mitzvahs for quite a few years already, and some started marrying off kids. Most people are in their 40s., lesser numbers in 30s.

And I def wouldn't say it a mix of learning and working. Most are learning or if working then in yeshivas etc.
some do work in general areas but it doesn't have a "working crowd" feel. It has a yeshivish feel.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:18 am
Aren't there basement rentals in Forest Park? I'd think those people are a younger mix. guess I don't know about the feel of it though. How about Somerset Walk, right nearby?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:52 am
L K wrote:
Guys, are you kidding about forest park?

True, it's a mix of Ashkenazi and Sephardi but that's where the variety ends.

It's quite a yeshivish place, and not the youngest crowd by a long shot. Most people have been making bar mitzvahs for quite a few years already, and some started marrying off kids. Most people are in their 40s., lesser numbers in 30s.

And I def wouldn't say it a mix of learning and working. Most are learning or if working then in yeshivas etc.
some do work in general areas but it doesn't have a "working crowd" feel. It has a yeshivish feel.

Pine River, MLK, Warren St, Ashley and Arlington all have the mix that the OP is looking for. There are young couples who rent in Forest Park but since the houses are small so my guess the basement apartments are tiny.

Forest Park Development was mentioned because it is in the same neighborhood as the other places that were mentioned. I also know quite a few working people in Forest Park accountants, plumbers etc. Forest Park the homes are simple and the people there are not into Gashmiyus. I know quite a few of the older families moved out because they needed bigger homes (I can think of over 10 at the top of my head) and younger families bought in.

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:54 pm
Thanks for your responses! We are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom, no basement.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 1:11 pm
Then probably Coventry or Westgate. There aren't too many 2 -3 bedroom above ground rentals.
How much are you looking to spend?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating