Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Ladies, please post your EASIEST veggie recipes :)
Previous  1  2  3

sky

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 1:24 pm
Roasted Frozen Broccoli or Cauliflower. Open bag. Place on baking sheet. sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic. Bake at 420 until you like it.

Green beans are the easiest, fresh is better but Frozen is easiest because don't have to snap ends.
- Roast on baking sheet with salt, pepper, galic, honey, soy sauce
- Grill in grill pan with diced garlic
- Par boil
- salad with mango and dressing: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....56283).

MMCH

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:40 pm
oooo love these ideas!

my easiest go to - frozen string beans on a sheet pan with olive oil and salt at 420- my kids call them green french fries!

frozen bag of caulifower-
popcorn cauliflower (paprika, tumeric, salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, a little sugar, and olive oil shake it up and roast!)
breaded cauliflower- in a big ziploc crack two eggs and pour in 1 teaspoon of oil add frozen cauliflower (may want to do it in 2 shifts) shake shake shake
take another big ziplock add bread crumbs (any kind you like! I like plain and then I add spices) and then pour frozen cauliflower thats dipped in egg into the breadcrumbs.
spread on sheet pan ! and bake a 400!

sautee and onion and garlic- low flame- add bag of shredded cabbage with salt and pepper add a few droplets of water to the pot, cover and let simmer for at least 25 minutes. sooo good

Shuly

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:09 am
Peel sweet potatoes and/or butternut squash. Cut into circles or sticks.
Spray with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
Bake until lightly brown.
If you want them crunchy on both sides, flip them and bake some more.

These can be made in advance and served at room temperature.
They're spicy-sweet and delicious!

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 5:01 pm
anonymom wrote:
PSA
Check with your LOR before using Brussel Sprouts
I have heard they cannot be checked for insects and therefore should not be used.

I saw recently bodek Brussels sprouts back on the market

bigblueyes

Post Sat, Jun 04 2016, 3:04 pm
Cube butternut squash. Spray w pam and drizzle w maple syrup and kosher salt and black pepper,maybe some cinnamon.
Roast until edges crisp up. Yum!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:09 am
On erev Shabbos, I took a bag of frozen haricot verts (thin stringbeans), shook them up in a ziploc bag with salt, garlic powder, and sesame oil, poured it into a pyrex bowl, loosely covered with foil, and put them in the oven as I turned it off before Shabbos. It came out delicious and still bright green...if making for YT with no turned off oven to take advantage of, I'd sautee them instead.

shirachadasha

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 7:06 am
1. Cut tips off fresh stringbeans. Shake in a ziploc bag with olive oil, rice vinegar, apricot preserves and sliced garlic. Roast.
2. Cut zucchini in thin rounds. Cook with a can of mushrooms and marinara sauce. I like the no-salt added kind.
3. Cut potatoes in cubes. Shake in a bag with olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder. Baked covered at 450 degrees F for one hour. Uncover and bake for 20 more minutes to crisp.
4. Bake a kugel out of frozen spinach with eggs, Chinese noodles and baco's. (Yeah - that one's a little exotic.)

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 5:52 am
Spicy Baked Zucchini Sticks
http://overtimecook.com/2012/0.....icks/

Ingredients:
5 small zucchini
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
pinch cayenne pepper

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking (cookie) sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cut the zucchini in half down the center, then again into 4-6 wedges to create sticks.
Toss the zucchini wedges with the oil and spices until evenly coated. Place on a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 5:54 am
wash and chop up peppers (any combo of red, purple, orange and yellow) into large slices, seeds removed. On a baking sheet or roasting pan toss peppers in a bit of olive oil (I use spray, easy), sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Garlic and rosemary optional. Bake at 350ºF/180ºC until peppers are soft and there is a little bit of char. Same deal with the zucchinis, red onion and mushrooms. Serve mixed on a large platter, separately (line up like a rainbow on a square plate, pretty!) or chop up, add pan juices and toss with pasta

skcomputer

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 8:45 am
http://simpleveganblog.com/oil.....bles/

easy, gorgeous and healthy. Use whatever vegetables you want.

Shuly

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 9:55 am
Chop up 2 lbs sweet potatoes into chunks
Mix 1/3 c oil and 1/4 c onion soup mix and toss with potatoes
Bake for about 45 minutes.

(You can use regular potatoes or a combination of sweet and regular)

oms18

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 2:38 pm
I do the vegetables from the BY cookbook for the roasted vegetable salad but just serve the vegetables as a side dish instead of with a salad, really good with mashed potatoes as other side - large dice an onion, zucchini, and red pepper, plus one package of sliced baby portabella mushrooms - drizzle with 1/2 cup olive oil and sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper - broil on low for 20 minutes

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 2:48 pm
Bodek brussel sprouts are back in stores. If I can get them in Chicago, I would be really surprised if you cant in NY/NJ stores. DH got a few bags for yom tov he said the store had lots and it was medium in terms of price. It was a nice treat for the first days roasted with oil, balsamic and garlic.

elaela

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 2:50 pm
add 5 tablespoons canola oil, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a pan and heat, add babycarrots (frozen) and fry/boil for 15 minutes- yumm...

do the same with pumpkin cubes, add maplesirup and cinnamon...delicious

stirfry frozen asian veggies, add cilantro, currypowder and coconutmilk.

skcomputer

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 2:51 pm
Here's another. Microwave spaghetti squash. Remove the strands with a fork. Top with sauteed colorful peppers and red onion.

Blue jay

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:29 pm
Microwave frozen chopped spinach. Add a couple of dollaps of mayonaiise and garlic poweder when done.

Viola creamed spinach!

I just found frozen okra with an ou label! I think its Hanover brand.
Microwave and add some grey poupon mustard and tomato sauce. So yummy with rice!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes