Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
I need advice from the meat experts

SS6099

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 7:15 pm
I still haven't gotten it right. I'd like to make 3 different recipes for YT since I'm having guests. I need exact instructions please for meat that's soft like butter. Can anyone give me recipes and tips? I prefer to make French roast or something similar. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 7:19 pm
How about a French roast beef, a corned beef and spare ribs or a veal roast?

SS6099

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:

They all sound good I just need to learn how to make them perfectly! Any recipes?

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Ra-mom , you're the expert. How do you cook corn beef roll? Or rib eye?

I did a awesome recipe for french roast. I need I more fancy meet. I don't know what to buy?? And how to cook?? What

Ideas please?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:43 pm
SS6099 wrote:
They all sound good I just need to learn how to make them perfectly! Any recipes?

Veal Roast
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....72429
For spare ribs, bake for 40 minutes, uncover and glaze the recover for 20 minutes, then uncover and finish baking uncovered for 20 minutes.

Corned Beef
3 pound pickled deckle roast or other corned beef
water
3 garlic garlic cloves, halved
1-2 bay leaves

Rinse meat well. Place in a snug pot. Add water 3/4 cup the roast. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook in partially covered pot (30 minutes per lb. if making in advance and will rewarm slices, otherwise cook longer).
Cool and wrap roast in foil and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate or freeze cooking liquid separately.
Slice roast against the grain when meat if completely cold. Wrap and refrigerate or freeze.
Combine defrosted sliced meat with cooking liquid and heat prior to serving. Delicous hot corned beef!

French Roast
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....48487
You can use your favorite sauce for this. Combine one part sauce and one part cooking liquid to rewarm the slices.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:44 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
Ra-mom , you're the expert. How do you cook corn beef roll? Or rib eye?

I did a awesome recipe for french roast. I need I more fancy meet. I don't know what to buy?? And how to cook?? What

Ideas please?

See the corned beef recipe above.
What fancier meat do you want? Do you want to make fresh rib steaks on yom tov or serve veal roast or spare ribs?

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
See the corned beef recipe above.
What fancier meat do you want? Do you want to make fresh rib steaks on yom tov or serve veal roast or spare ribs?

I wanted spare ribs. But ,the butcher stores don't have it now. Surprised Till after yontf.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:54 pm
I don't want to cook yontf. So no rib steak.

I might do the corn beef. I use bay leaves for marinated fish. I don't like the bay leave taste. You think the meat won't have a taste of bay leaves?

Sorry I'm so picky.... Wink

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:59 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I don't want to cook yontf. So no rib steak.

I might do the corn beef. I use bay leaves for marinated fish. I don't like the bay leave taste. You think the meat won't have a taste of bay leaves?

Sorry I'm so picky.... Wink

You can skip it. The corned beef comes nicely picked and doesn't need anything but I personally like adding some fresh garlic and bay leaves when I cook it up.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can skip it. The corned beef comes nicely picked and doesn't need anything but I personally like adding some fresh garlic and bay leaves when I cook it up.

Ok. Thanks so much! I think I'll try it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics