Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Montessori in 5Towns/Nassau

ceebee

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 8:09 pm
Can anyone recommend a Montessori school in the Far Rock/5Towns/Nassau area? For boys and girls. Or what about a school that allows differentiated learning styles - allowing for movement, creativity etc? Does any school like this exist?

ceebee

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:01 pm
I know there was talk some time ago about starting a Montessori yeshiva or day school. Did it ever get off the ground? Anyone have information??

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 6:02 pm
I also heard the talk (I'm not in the area, but heard something about it). I don't know what ever happened, but these people probably do: http://jewishmontessorisociety.org/ If you look at the job board, you will see a posting for the Five Towns school, with contact info - I don't know if the contact info is current, but you could give it a try.

You could also contact Netivot, in East Brunswick, NJ. Netivot is a sort of hub for Jewish Montessori, and they probably know if there is a school starting in your area.

ceebee

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 9:13 pm
Thanks amother. On their FB page, I found an ad with contact information to a proposed five towns Montessori school. Just sent some emails and made a phone call. I will update this thread if I hear of anything concrete. If anyone else knows anything, please share!

babygirl40

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 9:44 pm
Yeshivas bnei torah in flatbush, but we live in the five towns and get bussing from the town. Girls opened lower grades ohr leah academy in woodmere.

ceebee

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 10:17 pm
babygirl40 wrote:
Yeshivas bnei torah in flatbush, but we live in the five towns and get bussing from the town. Girls opened lower grades ohr leah academy in woodmere.

So the proposed Montessori never took off if you bus to Brooklyn. I would think there is a demand in the five towns. I will look into the girls school though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating