Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Baby AND toddler activities

queenert

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:15 am
Dd1 (2yo) loves playing with dd2 (6mo).
But...it often turns rough after a few minutes unless it's a structured activity like reading to her or putting puppets on her fingers.
Any other ideas? I'm out!

cholenteater

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:43 am
Will be following:) would love ideas!
Some ideas that work for us is turning up the music and dancing around, building a house from lego/magnatiles around the baby (with rolled up blankets around the baby first for protection), playing copy cat where we copy the baby's noises and he makes noises back and forth with my big boy it is so cute! Peek a boo is a winner too- my big boy loves to his under the blanket/behind toy and loves hearing the baby giggle! Everything needs to be monitered so that it doesn't turn into a wild game though. My big boy usually has good intentions and doesn't realize he is getting rough. We have some rules that have really helped- we always need to see the baby's face, check of the baby is smiling/crying. If the baby looks like he will be crying then you need to stop...

queenert

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 8:52 am
[quote] building a house from lego/magnatiles around the baby (with rolled up blankets around the baby first for protection) [endquote]

Love this idea!

Any others?!?

We found a fun one the other day...dd2 is swimming around lately, so dd1 put on book "shoes" and shuffled around the room with dd2 trailing after...they were both laughing the whole time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics