Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
WATERBURY- tell me everything

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 2:34 pm
It's time for a move.

Looking for a warm OOT feel kollel/yeshivish community for a young family.

Since we got married we have been living very much "in town" but we want something different. We've been in the same community for years (we started off in the neighborhood where DH was in yeshiva and have been there ever since).

Although he is happy in his kollel, it is time for him to move on to a different kollel.

I work for someone online so location doesn't matter for me. We just want a warm community that is not in the outskirts of a farm and ideally close to New Jersey.

I've seen Waterbury mentioned here in the past but there's nothing recent. Does it sound like what I'm looking for based on what I've described?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 3:27 pm
It's not really a yeshivish community if that's what you want. Mostly not long term kollel guys there.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 7:08 am
Not what I wanted to hear but thank you! Very Happy

sim

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 8:38 am
Feel free to Pm me.

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:23 pm
I get the impression that outside of the people who are mchanchim in the yeshiva or elementary school, it is really a "JPF" (just plain frum) type of crowd. I don't get the impression that its particularly "warm" or has an "out of town" feel.

I am sure that there are lots of wonderful people who live there, but it doesn't seem that those two descriptors you gave are the first I would use to describe it.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 10:48 am
Ha, my husband visited last year. It's very nice, heimish/yeshivish gefil (NOT fanatic), very warm and rather OOT compared to NY but obviously not, say, Virginia. As a Euro he had fears but no, it's extremely pleasant.
Heart

newmom1987

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:23 am
Waterbury has so many grand old houses for so little money. I would like to hear more too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating