Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What school did you go to?
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
I went to Académie de Danse Princesse Grace in Monte Carlo. Anyone else? Wink

If not for the wink, I wouldn't have been sure this was a joke. I had a friend from my high school who went to MIT and one of her dorm mates was a traditional/religious girl from Monaco. I still remember her name, although I only met her once on a visit to my friend.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:14 pm
MIT here.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
MIT here.

Since we no longer have amother colors, this is getting confusing.

Are you saying you are the Monaco native who went to MiT? Or my friend from my religious high school in the USA who went to MIT?

Of course, you wouldn't know who I am if you're not the person from Monaco, and even if you are the person from Monaco, you probably don't remember me, since you met me only once, but you probably do remember your dorm mate from MIT, with whom you shared a first name.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:30 pm
Bais-Yaakov type school. Certainly not a poster child for the school.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:34 pm
another BYA - any BYAers willing to post the graduation year?? also what do you guys consider poster child BYA?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:43 pm
Class of 2012

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:44 pm
As in, BYA 2012

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:49 pm
Yeshiva of Spring Valley for elementary and Bais Yaakov HS with the 'rebbetzin". If she knew I had the internet she's turn over in her grave.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:49 pm
I am probably the oldest TD graduate here. Graduated before 1990. Yes, I am a poster graduate, but TD was very different back then. I don't think I would send my girls there today.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:53 pm
I never got GED. Started out bachelorsand masters through Tti_raizel rite program. Then went on to touro college. No big deal..

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:52 pm
Another TD grad here. For a small school, we have a pretty large representation on this thread! Any other '08 graduates here?

I'm definitely NOT a model graduate, but I am grateful for the relatively rigorous education I received there.

Since graduating, I've gotten a degree, significantly changed the dress code, and made independent choices about much of my lifestyle.

I was a good student and did not break any rules while in school, and like other posters expressed, I appreciate the "double life" skills that I was taught. Unfortunately, I still need to use those to a large degree when dealing with my family.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:31 am
My mil also went to satmar Bp. But many years ago and also had to take some courses to get into college bec she didn't have a decent diploma. She went to a regular college and is an ot today.
There are plenty of that type out there. If you looked at her you would never know she went to satmar.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:33 am
What happened to the amother colors?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
lol! I did go for high school. Definitely noticed this. I was a good student, followed rules always polite, did well,but wasnt yeshivish. so didnt have a great time cuz I was one of those "brushed under rug" cuz I wasnt their type. which also rubbed iff on students. I was very upset about it. Bh I turned out fine regardless, but this atitude caused a friend to go off, and a few others to have more problems. I think if they were more open yo the non yesgivish but still good students, 1 of my friends would still be frum

Wow we are exactly the same type. I felt so overlooked but was such a well mannered student, got straight As. They didnt care abt that though if you werent their type.. Thats so sad about your friend!! Principals have so much responsibility, its a shame they dont put more thought into how they run the school and treat every student equally...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 3:48 am
amother wrote:
If not for the wink, I wouldn't have been sure this was a joke. I had a friend from my high school who went to MIT and one of her dorm mates was a traditional/religious girl from Monaco. I still remember her name, although I only met her once on a visit to my friend.

The joke was that I was asking if anyone else here went to that school as I imagined it was unlikely.

I was not joking about going there, I really did graduate from that school.
There was at least one Jewish girl (from Israel) there when I was there but I became frum 10 years after graduating.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 4:04 am
Maimonides anyone?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 6:47 am
amother wrote:
Maimonides anyone?

No, but I have cousins who went there (none of whom would be on here yet).

believeit

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 7:41 am
Maya wrote:
This is true for most schools, especially Chassidish ones.

I don't find this to be true. In my country (which is obviously not USA) The Chassidish schools keep growing and % of graduates who do not send their kids in the school is like 1%.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 7:45 am
I went to mesorah high school in Dallas, tx. I would say I am a poster child because there is no one type there- they just want you to be yourself and be happy while being frum.
If going to BJJ and being a kollel wife makes you happy, or becoming a doctor makes you happy, they stand behind you and help you achieve your dreams.
So I am a poster child, because I am leading a happy, frum, warm and accepting life with my family.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Yeshiva of Spring Valley for elementary and Bais Yaakov HS with the 'rebbetzin". If she knew I had the internet she's turn over in her grave.

I was also in BYHS with the Rebetzin and I happen to disagree with you. I found the Rebetzin to actually be very intellectual, and I don't think she'd turn over in her grave at the internet. I feel that I use the internet properly and I think the Rebetzin would understand.

The current administration....not so sure. I feel like they cut out all the good parts of BY and made the whole school more yeshivish.....
Page 13 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics