Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bosch Dishwasher

rd5081

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 12:59 pm
Hi! Were considering buying a dishwasher... Our very first one. We did some research on consumer reports website and we saw very good info on the bosch, but for some reason the stores are trying to dissuade me from the bosch... saying it doesnt dry properly and as a matter of fact doesnt dry at all... I understand it doesnt have the heating element, but from my understanding I hear it uses hotter water than other machines, therefore doesnt need a separate heating feature, it basically air dries. We thought stores are dissuading us cuz they probably make a smaller commission. Does anyone have a bosch and happy with it? Another thing someone mentioned to me is that for a real dirty load she needs to rinse the plates first...
Stores are recommending the frigidaire gallery a lot....
Any info would help!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:19 pm
I have seen this one come very highly recommended
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....46960

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:37 pm
I have a Bosch dishwasher, the lowest end.

All metal and glass dries completely, plastic - not so much. It helps to crack the door open after the cycle finishes. For me, that's not a big deal. Mostly it's just cups that are plastic and they are used so often, I don't mind putting them away wet. (I might get better results with a rinse aid, but I don't want to use it.)

The dishwasher gets MOST stuff clean the first try (using Finish Powerball dishwasher packets), but occasionally sends some dirty residue into a few dishes (the so-called "redeposit"). Again for me, not a deal-breaker. I just leave those in for the next cycle. I am very happy with my dishwasher B"H!

I chose this one because first of all it ended up cheaper because I got free installation, and also I really liked the leak/flood protection it offers.

Whatever dishwasher you get, remember to scrape and NOT rinse your dishes, load it properly, and use good detergent, especially if you have hard water.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:56 pm
I have a low end Bosch, it doesn't dry the dishes.

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:42 pm
We had a Bosch in our old place, now we have a Miele. Bosch absolutely totally does NOT dry the dishes, esp. plastic (plastic will be worse in any dishwasher, but in Bosch it was soaking). I always knew it was not great, but now we have the Miele I realize just how bad it was.

nylon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 3:30 pm
My Bosch dries the dishes well. I get a few drops on some plastic items, but not generally. I have a higher end model.

Miele is a good brand, but finicky.

ariellabella

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 3:36 pm
I recently heard that European dishwashers sold here don't have waste disposals (grinders?) inside due to EU regulations. Have any of you found this to be an issue?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 4:43 pm
Because it washes on a higher temperature, I find that most solids dissolve. I do scrape off anything significant before putting in the dishwasher.

I have been using mine (basically daily) for several months already, and the waste catcher has nothing inside.

Again, I'm happy with mine. It may not be perfect but it is plenty good for what I need it for, which is washing the dishes!

ariellabella

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:58 pm
That's great to hear. Thanks.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:15 pm
I found this website useful for making sure I wasn't making a terrible decision, you can see a full list of pros and cons for your specific model:
http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics