Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rash on stomach

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:01 am
My son suffers from very bad eczema, but never on his stomach or back.
Recently he got a rash of tiny raised pimples covering his entire stomach and it is really itchy and bothering him. He was doing heavy moisturizers twice a day.
We went to the dr and they said most likely a heat rash, but did test for strep which was negative.

He has had the rash now for 2 weeks and it is really bothering him - It could be just a heat rash and he does get very sweaty but he changes his wet stuff quickly. anyone have any ideas of what to look for or try.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:30 am
Did he get checked for the most common strep, or did they do a full panel for strep A and strep B? A rash with strep means Scarlet Fever, and would indicate very strong antibiotics IMMEDIATELY.

In the meantime, use Gold Bond powder on the rash, and keep it as dry as possible. I know, with eczema you are supposed to use moisturizer, but that will only make heat rash worse.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Did he get checked for the most common strep, or did they do a full panel for strep A and strep B? A rash with strep means Scarlet Fever, and would indicate very strong antibiotics IMMEDIATELY.

In the meantime, use Gold Bond powder on the rash, and keep it as dry as possible. I know, with eczema you are supposed to use moisturizer, but that will only make heat rash worse.

Thanks. Just googles scarlet fever rash and b'h his rash doesn't look like that - its more fles colored. Its lots of raised tiny flesh colored dots with some red dots grouping scattered throughout.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. Just googles scarlet fever rash and b'h his rash doesn't look like that - its more fles colored. Its lots of raised tiny flesh colored dots with some red dots grouping scattered throughout.

B'H! I've had Scarlet Fever, and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life. My doctor said that if I had waited even another day, he would have had me hospitalized. I had to be quarantined, and friends dropped off groceries and prescriptions at my door, rang the bell, and drove off FAST.

Hoping that it's just something simple for you, and that it clears up soon.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:35 pm
my grown daughter gets this ... tries everything - waits it out

try hydrocortisone creams ...

it's frustrating to be sure
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics