Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Perri Hecht & Faigy Schachner social skills-ISO reviews/info

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 1:45 am
Has anyone here used either/both of them as therapists or taken their courses for teachers?

They're offering a course about how to run social skills groups that sounds interesting but it's ungodly expensive so I want some reviews before making any commitments. The course description sounds interesting but doesn't give a whole lot of details about their approach, which I guess is reasonable because it's proprietary knowledge maybe, but on the other hand that makes it hard to judge whether this is worth $2000+ in terms of relevance and improvement over knowledge I already have.

So I'd really appreciate if anyone has any experience with this team and can explain a little more what they're about.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:12 pm
Bump

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone here used either/both of them as therapists or taken their courses for teachers?

They're offering a course about how to run social skills groups that sounds interesting but it's ungodly expensive so I want some reviews before making any commitments. The course description sounds interesting but doesn't give a whole lot of details about their approach, which I guess is reasonable because it's proprietary knowledge maybe, but on the other hand that makes it hard to judge whether this is worth $2000+ in terms of relevance and improvement over knowledge I already have.

So I'd really appreciate if anyone has any experience with this team and can explain a little more what they're about.

Don't know anything about their social skills group but perri is a speech therapist for deaf children and she is amazing! She went into social skills because these children often lack in social skills due to their inability to follow conversations properly in a group setting with implants. So she definitely has a lot of hands on experience.

Good luck in your decision

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
Don't know anything about their social skills group but perri is a speech therapist for deaf children and she is amazing! She went into social skills because these children often lack in social skills due to their inability to follow conversations properly in a group setting with implants. So she definitely has a lot of hands on experience.

Good luck in your decision

Anyone? I too am interested?

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 12:35 am
Yes I heard she is a phenomenal, experienced speech therapist but know nothing about the social skills groups. The course is aimed at kids with ASD, ADHD, and other things that affect social skills, not deaf and hard of hearing, so I'm sure there's a lot of overlap but wouldn't they need a different approach due to the different roots of the problems? So I want to hear more about their services for this population.

I've seen this pair advertise workshops that I've been interested in but never attended. I'm more of the one-day workshop type than year-long courses, but the timing never worked out for me. It happens to be that the timing of this course works for me but I'd much rather if I had a taste of what they're about first. Has nobody here sent a child to their social skills "club" or attended their workshops or classes in the past?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics