Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Broom (silicon?) is it good?

mother4

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 11:09 am
I replace my broom yearly and was wondering if it's worth getting the Israeli silicon flat broom. It's around $25. Anyone compare if it's better/worth it?

fiddle

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 11:17 am
No.

BayMom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:36 am
I was considering this broom, too. I've heard some people rave about it. Why "no"?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:57 am
I have one. It's great for hair, not as good as a regular broom for regular crumbs, dust and dirt. We hardly use it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:07 am
I happen to have love love love it! It's great! Collects everything!

sprayonlove

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:53 am
I have it and love it. I hardly use my regular broom because the rubber one collects everything. My home collects dust very fast and that's why I got this one because it collects all the dust in corners and under furniture which my regular broom wasn't. I chose the small one with two rows of silicone because it is better for getting into corners. Also I have parquet flooring throughout my home.

Last edited by sprayonlove on Mon, Aug 22 2016, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:20 am
It's great on wood floors but not so great on tiles. It's really hard to sweep the crumbs out of the grout in the kitchen. So now I have two brooms instead of one.

hotmom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:45 am
I absolutely LOVE the silicone brooms. Picks up all the dirt and dust inclusive. I wouldn't use the hair/bristle brush again. And I wash it from time to time to keep it strong. The best part, I don't have to remember every pesach to buy another one. I bleach it and it's great. Works super on all floors.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 11:20 am
I bought it a few months ago. Works well. I threw out my old "regular" from a few weeks after...

crystal

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 11:54 am
I also love it, it's almost like a vacuum cleaner. It's the only broom I have or need .

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 12:37 pm
There are two types, a softer one, and a firmer one. I find the soft/flexible/supple one to be very good. The head of mine turns so I can get everywhere. The firmer one I use to scrub the floor while washing it and I'd imagine it would be good on a rougher surface such as a rug, concrete or grass.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:54 pm
Never seen such a broom. Those of you that have a good one, where do you buy it in the USA? My house is very dusty and my regular broom doesn't get it all , so I have to dust after sweeping the floors.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:00 pm
There are two I know of. One has two rows of silicone and is softer. My sister has this one and that didn't collect everything so well. But easily gets the crumbes out of corners. The other has 4 + rows of silicone "hairs" buts its not so soft. Its horrible for corners but is awsome for dust and crumbs better than my vacume. Works great on tiles and parquet. I don't have carpet so I can't tell you my experience on carpet but is supposed yo be great in carpet too.
So I have a regular cheap angle brush broom. I first sweep the corners and sides by the wall. Then I do the whole rest of the room with the silicone broom.
Love it.

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:15 pm
Have it and I love it!!! Sweeping became enjoyable since I got it!!!

acemom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:19 pm
Can anyone please post a link or picture of what this specific broom being discussed looks like?

Googling brings up a variety of different images.

Thanks

mother4

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 9:24 pm
Is it good for corners? I dont wanna use separate broom every time I sweep...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:04 pm
It looks something like this.
http://www.simplygoodstuff.com.....8HAQo
I have the narrow one with just two rows of silicone bristles. The one I have is from an Israeli company and I picked it up at the kosher supermarket.

Fave

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:27 pm
I found it to be too heavy and not do good for the kitchen floor tiles (I only sweep the kitchen -
the rest of the house just gets a once a week vacuuming)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry