Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How do you enroll children in school...spinoff?
Previous  1  2  3  4

ally

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 4:53 pm
amother wrote:
nobody claims on their exemption that not vaccinating is a fundamental tenet of their religion. just that its their personal belief. my rabbi says long sheitlech are ok, I dont feel so. I think its very attractive. (again, just as an example.)

You can think what you want but that doesn't change the Halacha. And if your opinion is not based on Halacha, then it has nothing to do with your religion - presuming you affiliate with orthodox judaism.
What other Shailas do you pasken on your own?
Which other pesukim do you give your own perush for?

Ashrei

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
Question for the moms who choose not to vaccinate their children, how do you enroll them in schools if they are not vaccinated? Or do you all homeschool? From what I'm seeing all schools mandate that the children be vaccinated or they cannot be accepted in the school.

This is a sincere question, I'm really trying to figure this out. I'm asking because I'm on the fence about vaccinating and I worry about causing problems for my children when it's time for them to start school.
Please no bashing, thanks!

Hi OP - I actually didn't read the thread, but in case it wasn't suggested: Why don't you consider an alternative vaccination schedule? Perhaps you can get your child the shots he/she needs for school on a more conservative schedule (less aggressive), but still finish up before school starts. Also, there may be some shots not totally needed. Consider looking into it as a pretty good compromise.

Just one thing: You really should look into it yourself and not count on your standard pediatrician to give you advice on it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 12:05 pm
ally wrote:
You can think what you want but that doesn't change the Halacha. And if your opinion is not based on Halacha, then it has nothing to do with your religion - presuming you affiliate with orthodox judaism.
What other Shailas do you pasken on your own?
Which other pesukim do you give your own perush for?
non of us claim on the exemption that its halacha not to vax. its my personal religious belief. again back to our example of the long sheitel, if I believe it attracts men, its my personal religious belief. not claiming it as halacha, but I dont wear it.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 1:14 pm
I think part of the confusion is that people think there is one answer for everyone for everything in the form of a halacha. Are u saying Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetsky doesn't keep halacha?
The religious exemption allows for personal religious belief.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics