Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tricking School into Accepting Unvaxxed Kids
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 20  21  22  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
It's up to you.
Nobody is forcing you or your aunt to drink milk.
You also get to decide how much milk you drink if you choose to drink it.

(I stay away from many dairy products and have never gotten any slack for it)

but it makes no sense. Because one of my kids is allergic to dairy products. I shouldn't let any of my kids have dairy??

I'm not referring to people who's kids has side effects to vaccines. Im specifically referring to the person that said her aunt had an allergic reaction to the shot and died. Which can pretty much happen witth any food product in this word.

moonbeam

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
but it makes no sense. Because one of my kids is allergic to dairy products. I shouldn't let any of my kids have dairy??

I'm not referring to people who's kids has side effects to vaccines. Im specifically referring to the person that said her aunt had an allergic reaction to the shot and died. Which can pretty much happen witth any food product in this word.

But If your first kid had a severe peanut allergy that you discovered when they almost died-or did die-from it, would you go ahead and start feeding your next child Bamba when they were six months old? Because after all, just because one person in your family was allergic doesn't mean that anyone else would be.

I don't know about you but I sure don't think that way. I would have my second kid tested extensively for nut allergies before I gave him Bamba.

Is it really so hard to understand that people who know someone-especially a relative-who was vaccine injured might feel more cautious and unsure about vaccines? I would think that this is a pretty natural reaction.

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:58 am
eemachana wrote:
But If your first kid had a severe peanut allergy that you discovered when they almost died-or did die-from it, would you go ahead and start feeding your next child Bamba when they were six months old? Because after all, just because one person in your family was allergic doesn't mean that anyone else would be.

I don't know about you but I sure don't think that way. I would have my second kid tested extensively for nut allergies before I gave him Bamba.

Is it really so hard to understand that people who know someone-especially a relative-who was vaccine injured might feel more cautious and unsure about vaccines? I would think that this is a pretty natural reaction.

It's not hard to understand the fear. But you need to do it anyway.
I have a daughter that is severely allergic to milk products and had a bad reaction. It was very scary. I was scared to give my next one milk products but I had to do it. She bh tolerates milk fine.

Also you can go your whole life without eating peanut butter and nothing will happen to you. Not giving your kids milk because you have a fear that she might be allergic is wrong.

And for the record don't bother testing a 6 month old for allergies. You're not gonna get accurate results anyway. The only way to get to know is by trying it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:07 am
amother wrote:

For arguments sake, let's say the anaphylaxis was a one off (even though it's listed as a possible side effect). What about the other reactions people have witnessed with their children? We know there is a gene which up to 50 % of the population have which makes the stakes of a reaction much higher. So would you say, you have that gene, your kid had a life changing reaction, but now it's time to test your next one through vaccination? I highly doubt it.

pond user

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:12 am
To all the chickenpox posters:

The CDC only decided chickenpox was a dangerous disease because they have a vaccine which they are profiting hugely from. How else would it explain that very few countries are using this vaccine?

Straight from NHS England website:

Chickenpox is a mild and common childhood illness that most children catch at some point.

It causes a rash of red, itchy spots that turn into fluid-filled blisters. They then crust over to form scabs, which eventually drop off.

Some children have only a few spots, but other children can have spots that cover their entire body. These are most likely to appear on the face, ears and scalp, under the arms, on the chest and belly, and on the arms and legs.
Read more about the symptoms of chickenpox and watch a slideshow of common childhood conditions to help you recognise if your child has it.

Chickenpox (known medically as varicella) is caused by a virus called the varicella-zoster virus. It's spread quickly and easily from someone who is infected.
Read more about the causes of chickenpox.
Chickenpox is most common in children under the age of 10. In fact, chickenpox is so common in childhood that over 90% of adults are immune to the condition because they've had it before.

Do you see the marketing from different countries? One wants natural immunity, the other wants to inoculate every decade all of its citizens. And ironically, one of the side effects of the varicella vaccine is... chickenpox itself! So you get the disease anyway, plus all the nasty toxins which effectively lower your immune system and make it harder for your body to fight it. Clever system.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:14 am
eemachana wrote:

Completely off topic but recent research is showing that introducing small amounts of peanuts to infants actually prevents future allergies.

You should research yourself but there was a segment where an allergist was able to prevent his children who were genetically predisposed to being highly allergic from developing the peanut allergy.

Similar to recent studies showing that Amish children who are in contact with barns have far fewer rates of asthma and other allergic symptoms. This is true when they adjust for the same population without constant contact with barns.

They rise that the rise in cleanliness at the beginning of the 20th century was responsible for increasing epidemics of polio since exposure at a very early stage was generally less severe than when contracted as a slightly older child or adult.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
For arguments sake, let's say the anaphylaxis was a one off (even though it's listed as a possible side effect). What about the other reactions people have witnessed with their children? We know there is a gene which up to 50 % of the population have which makes the stakes of a reaction much higher. So would you say, you have that gene, your kid had a life changing reaction, but now it's time to test your next one through vaccination? I highly doubt it.

I was responding to the woman saying her aunt had an allergic reaction. And going around instilling fear in people by saying this. My point is you can have an allergic reaction to ANYTHING. It proves nothing about vaccines.

moonbeam

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:27 am
momsrus wrote:
It's not hard to understand the fear. But you need to do it anyway.
I have a daughter that is severely allergic to milk products and had a bad reaction. It was very scary. I was scared to give my next one milk products but I had to do it. She bh tolerates milk fine.

Also you can go your whole life without eating peanut butter and nothing will happen to you. Not giving your kids milk because you have a fear that she might be allergic is wrong.

And for the record don't bother testing a 6 month old for allergies. You're not gonna get accurate results anyway. The only way to get to know is by trying it.

I have known many families with children with food allergies and not one parent I know who's first kid had a severe reaction to some type of food has given that food to other kids without first doing some testing. I have never heard of a parent who's child had a severe allergic reaction to peanuts just blindly give a peanut to their second kid and hope really hard that the same thing doesn't happen again. The people I have known simply held off giving the second child peanut products and then had them tested when they were older.

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:37 am
eemachana wrote:
I have known many families with children with food allergies and not one parent I know who's first kid had a severe reaction to some type of food has given that food to other kids without first doing some testing. I have never heard of a parent who's child had a severe allergic reaction to peanuts just blindly give a peanut to their second kid and hope really hard that the same thing doesn't happen again. The people I have known simply held off giving the second child peanut products and then had them tested when they were older.

Peanuts yes (I never even gave my kid peanuts. It's not important) milk is a different story. An infant will not have a severe reaction the first time exposed to it. It takes time to build up immunity.

I love all you people that "know many families" and that's supposed to override people that have first hand experience.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:06 am
momsrus wrote:
Peanuts yes (I never even gave my kid peanuts. It's not important) milk is a different story. An infant will not have a severe reaction the first time exposed to it. It takes time to build up immunity.

I love all you people that "know many families" and that's supposed to override people that have first hand experience.

But my first hand experience or personal stories of people who got severely sick from unvaccinated individuals doesn't count. The kid who was in the PICU (not just a regular hospital room) because someone passed along a contagious disease that could have been avoided. And yes,this kid lived practically in a bubble but their sisters friend came over to play. And had measles but didn't realize it then.

moonbeam

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
But my first hand experience or personal stories of people who got severely sick from unvaccinated individuals doesn't count. The kid who was in the PICU (not just a regular hospital room) because someone passed along a contagious disease that could have been avoided. And yes,this kid lived practically in a bubble but their sisters friend came over to play. And had measles but didn't realize it then.

And the first had experience of individuals who know people who are vaccine injured or died because of a vaccine doesn't count. Even the experience of a mom who's kid is vaccine injured (or dead by a vaccine) doesn't count.

Everyone is biased in some way.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:36 am
jkl wrote:
Not only are immunocompromised kids at risk for serious chickenpox complications, so are: infants, pregnant women, teenagers, and adults. Complications include bacterial infections, sepsis, pneumonia, and death.

From the cdc website:
"Some deaths from chickenpox continue to occur in healthy, unvaccinated children and adults. Many of the healthy adults who died from chickenpox contracted the disease from their unvaccinated children."

This is circular reasoning. If everyone received the vaccine, the only risk to adults would be from unvaccinated children.

----------------
Before the vaccine was instituted, chicken pox was a rite of passage for almost all children. The term unvaccinated adult did not exist. So the circular reasoning actual applies in reverse. If everyone (healthy youngsters) develops chicken pox as a child, the term "unvaccinated adults' for chicken pox is non-existent. There is natural immunity for all of the healthy population.

The argument for pregnant women, teenagers and adults falls away with the same response. If they had chicken pox earlier, they are in no risk at all. With the vaccine they actually have lifelong risks unless they meticulously follow an immunization schedule (which is fairly rare).

The complication rate for chicken pox is barely neglible. There is actually a strong ongoing debate about the chicken pox vaccine in the healthcare community. This benefits a minority of the population and puts at risk the majority.

Before the vaccine, in the 1990's, 100-150 people died every year from chicken pox. Over 10,000 were hospitalized from complications every year.

To reiterate, the cdc estimates that the chickenpox vaccine has saved 100-150 lives every year since the vaccine was instituted in 1995.

Are all of these lives not worth saving??

The other upside to the vaccine, is it provides immunity against shingles, which is a severely painful and potentially debilitating disease.

Anyone who has had chickenpox itself, is at risk for shingles.

Anyone who has had the chickenpox vaccine, is protected against shingles.

I had a relative who suffered tremendously from shingles. No pain relief was effective. It is not something to be wished on everyone.

Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist, but I think adults can be responsible to haul themselves into a doctor's office at least once every 10-20 years for a booster, as per the cdc. Although the shot lasting 10-20 years was only when the vaccine was new, and fewer people had received it so the protection it offered was less.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:45 am
pond user wrote:
To all the chickenpox posters:

The CDC only decided chickenpox was a dangerous disease because they have a vaccine which they are profiting hugely from. How else would it explain that very few countries are using this vaccine?

Straight from NHS England website:

Chickenpox is a mild and common childhood illness that most children catch at some point.

It causes a rash of red, itchy spots that turn into fluid-filled blisters. They then crust over to form scabs, which eventually drop off.

Some children have only a few spots, but other children can have spots that cover their entire body. These are most likely to appear on the face, ears and scalp, under the arms, on the chest and belly, and on the arms and legs.
Read more about the symptoms of chickenpox and watch a slideshow of common childhood conditions to help you recognise if your child has it.

Chickenpox (known medically as varicella) is caused by a virus called the varicella-zoster virus. It's spread quickly and easily from someone who is infected.
Read more about the causes of chickenpox.
Chickenpox is most common in children under the age of 10. In fact, chickenpox is so common in childhood that over 90% of adults are immune to the condition because they've had it before.

Do you see the marketing from different countries? One wants natural immunity, the other wants to inoculate every decade all of its citizens. And ironically, one of the side effects of the varicella vaccine is... chickenpox itself! So you get the disease anyway, plus all the nasty toxins which effectively lower your immune system and make it harder for your body to fight it. Clever system.

Or...maybe it's the NHS in England that doesn't want to spend the money on shots for everyone, and therefore it came up with the "don't worry, it's no big deal" publicity line.

suremom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:59 am
Amarante wrote:

Similar to recent studies showing that Amish children who are in contact with barns have far fewer rates of asthma and other allergic symptoms. This is true when they adjust for the same population without constant contact with barns.

oh. my. goodness. what correlation is there between barns and asthma and other allergies? and did you know, the Amish dont generally vaccinate?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:16 pm
suremom wrote:
oh. my. goodness. what correlation is there between barns and asthma and other allergies? and did you know, the Amish dont generally vaccinate?

First it's a Bubbe Meister regarding the Amish not vaccinating. They do vaccinate and their percentages are more or less those of the "English". That is especially true when age is taken into consideration as younger are more likely to have been vaccinated.

I am not a medical professional so my understanding of why exposure to barns is helpful is that small exposures to substances at an early age can help boost the immune system as allergies and such are really an issue with the body's autoimmune system. There is a statistically significant correlation which researchers are studying and exposure to barns seems to be a critical element as similar populations such as Mennonites or even Amish who do not grow up on family farms don't have this kind of boost. That is, the very modern industrial dairy barns and farming methods don't offer the same kind of protection to the children growing up.

There are articles on this from reputable sources as researchers attempted to figure out why rates of allergies are rising. So a little schmootz might not be such a bad thing to expose kids to. Of course within reason, because if conditions are unsanitary then yiu get the epidemics of cholera, typhoid etc which are spread through poor sanitation.

But since I don't live on a dairy farm and don't have kids with allergies or any family history if allergies, I just read this stuff because it is fascinating to me. Especially with the peanut allergy, yiu should definitely consult with an allergist if you want to check and see whether you should attempt to vaccinate against the peanut allergy. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜€

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
It is perfectly acceptable to expel children who don't follow the school rules as long as the rule is on the books.

They said that to my Austrian Grandma in 1938

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:18 pm
[quote="amother"]but it makes no sense. Because one of my kids is allergic to dairy products. I shouldn't let any of my kids have dairy??

I'm not referring to people who's kids has side effects to vaccines. Im specifically referring to the person that said her aunt had an allergic reaction to the shot and died. Which can pretty much happen witth any food product in this word.[/quote

Well maybe u should learn to read first before being judgemental and criticizing. I said that my aunt had reaction and died and then years down the line my own son had terrible reaction and needed to be rushed to ER and put on steroids. Stop being judgemental of people who are like myself speak of experience. I am N RN and yes I vaccinated my older kids prior to this incident and did not make connection of my dead aunt to what if allergy to shots can be genetic. My previous kids did have mild and very long vaccine negative effects I still brushed it off until the day I almost lost my child to this nonsense. For those of you making fun of people like me and keep hurting their feelings behind a curtain I wish for you to live through same only then you will understand the other side of story. Mind your own business and if you have true emuna then you would not worship the pharmaceuticals.

suremom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
Before the vaccine, in the 1990's, 100-150 people died every year from chicken pox. Over 10,000 were hospitalized from complications every year.

To reiterate, the cdc estimates that the chickenpox vaccine has saved 100-150 lives every year since the vaccine was instituted in 1995.

Are all of these lives not worth saving??

The other upside to the vaccine, is it provides immunity against shingles, which is a severely painful and potentially debilitating disease.

Anyone who has had chickenpox itself, is at risk for shingles.

Anyone who has had the chickenpox vaccine, is protected against shingles.

I had a relative who suffered tremendously from shingles. No pain relief was effective. It is not something to be wished on everyone.

Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist, but I think adults can be responsible to haul themselves into a doctor's office at least once every 10-20 years for a booster, as per the cdc. Although the shot lasting 10-20 years was only when the vaccine was new, and fewer people had received it so the protection it offered was less.

of the 100-150 people who died (over half adults) most were immunocompromised. how many injuries (including death) are there for this vaccine per year? note that this vaccine is mostly given to children. so for the 50-75 kids who died how many will die or be injured for life from the vaccine? according to me research it was not an worthwhile exchange.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:25 pm
[quote="amother"]
amother wrote:

I'm not referring to people who's kids has side effects to vaccines. Im specifically referring to the person that said her aunt had an allergic reaction to the shot and died. Which can pretty much happen witth any food product in this word.[/quote

Well maybe u should learn to read first before being judgemental and criticizing. I said that my aunt had reaction and died and then years down the line my own son had terrible reaction and needed to be rushed to ER and put on steroids. Stop being judgemental of people who are like myself speak of experience. I am N RN and yes I vaccinated my older kids prior to this incident and did not make connection of my dead aunt to what if allergy to shots can be genetic. My previous kids did have mild and very long vaccine negative effects I still brushed it off until the day I almost lost my child to this nonsense. For those of you making fun of people like me and keep hurting their feelings behind a curtain I wish for you to live through same only then you will understand the other side of story. Mind your own business and if you have true emuna then you would not worship the pharmaceuticals.

I can read. You said your aunt had an allergic reaction to a vaccine. And your son had side effect from vaccine. Anyone can have a allergic to anything. If you are saying both your son and your aunt had an allergic reaction then you are right, your family should use extreme caution cause your family has an immune response to it. Just like my family uses caution when trying out milk, it doesn't mean I will announce to the world that milk is dangerous and don't go near it.

suremom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:26 pm
suremom wrote:
of the 100-150 people who died (over half adults) most were immunocompromised. how many injuries (including death) are there for this vaccine per year? note that this vaccine is mostly given to children. so for the 50-75 kids who died how many will die or be injured for life from the vaccine? according to me research it was not an worthwhile exchange.

and thats besides for the benefits one may have for getting chicken pox. (thats just an added bonus, not the reason why I donโ€™t give this vaccine.)

https://www.bcm.edu/news/cance.....ancer
Page 10 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics