Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
We did it!!
1  2  Next

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:57 am
Tomorrow is September first!
The girls are going back to school!!!
the 2 months with them home most of the time was really hard but we did it ladies!!
YES~~

Hooray

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:00 am
Mine went back today!
Good Job!!!

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:03 am
Mine are still home until after Labor Day.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:04 am
My kids start school next Wednesday. I told my sis that we need to do lunch one day to celebrate our new-found privacy, once the school year starts......

rzab

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:09 am
I think this sums it up well Smile

https://youtu.be/4DComGO8JYo

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:09 am
Maya wrote:
Mine are still home until after Labor Day.

Same.
I am still not sure why they extended it past labor day, usually they are back in school by then but I am having a hard time juggling work and my kids being home.

vicki

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:19 am
rzab wrote:

Love that clip.

nywife

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 2:27 pm
This one sums it up well too LOL
https://youtu.be/OKD2kzXSX-k

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 2:35 pm
I love summer ... time to enjoy the kids more without homework & tests & stress

glamourmom

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 2:39 pm
nywife wrote:
This one sums it up well too LOL
https://youtu.be/OKD2kzXSX-k

LOVE!!

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 2:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My kids start school next Wednesday. I told my sis that we need to do lunch one day to celebrate our new-found privacy, once the school year starts......
back to a SCHEDULE! And my five year old is starting primary so one more kid OUT early and one less car pool!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 3:00 pm
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm looking forward to the quiet - I had a baby 2 weeks ago and haven't had a drop of rest since then. OTOH, I've been enjoying sleeping until 9 or 10 every day and now will have to start getting up at 6 or 6:30 again. Yawn...

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 3:03 pm
Where do you live that your kids started school already? Guess not in New York. My kids are starting next Thursday.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 3:14 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Where do you live that your kids started school already? Guess not in New York. My kids are starting next Thursday.
The OP's profile says Israel. I am also in Israel. Most schools start tomorrow. Usually school starts in Israel on september 1.

mommyla

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 3:25 pm
rzab wrote:

LOL That was my father's favorite commercial when I was a kid. Now I appreciate it too Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 5:16 pm
OP, kudos to you for enjoying your kids all summer. Now I hope you can enjoy some alone time Tongue Out

Our kids were in day camp while we worked and I'm actually dreading the back to school, which is the end of next week. Wish we could enjoy the slower pace of summer all year round. Still worked really hard, still rushed like a chicken, but at least I didn't have to deal with homework, testing, school stress, darkness as soon as the kids come home, waiting outside with them and for them in the bitter cold...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 5:21 pm
My kids were in day camp but these 2 weeks are hectic. Kids coming home from camp- laundry, camp stuff.....while working too....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:15 am
DD just rushed in the door, all breathless and squealing and flailing her arms. She yells at me "Oh my gosh, I love my new school SO MUCH!!!"

"I have 3 new best friends, and they all speak English, one is from Australia, one is from London, and the other is from Canada. They love all my favorite bands and they all hate Justin Beiber, they don't wear makeup, they love to read and write fan fiction, they know about Percy Jackson and Harry Potter and THEY LOVE ANIME and one of them has all of the Attack on Titan manga, and SHE'S GOING TO LET ME BORROW IT TOMORROW, and we are forming a club, and we meet every break down by the garden, and they want my phone number, and they are so funny and sweet..."

This went on for a half an hour, and I swear she didn't take a single breath the whole time, it was just one long run on sentence. My little socially awkward nerd fangirl has finally found her people! Very Happy

Pooh

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:14 am
I'm w greenfire. I love the summer and I'm pretty sad it's almost over. Camp mima is something we look forward to all year long and this year that everyone was in camp we only got 2 weeks of it. I love the no schedules, no fighting, just enjoying part of it. They do too, every day when we are on our way home from our camp mima trip they say it was "the best day" and I get way spontaneous more kisses and hugs and I love yous too! People need to put the stress aside and just enjoy this time, pack some food, make some guidelines and have fun w the kids!

anonymrs

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:39 am
I love the summer and being able to spend more relaxing time with my kids. So sad that school is starting next week Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics