Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tricking School into Accepting Unvaxxed Kids
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 20  21  22  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
You do know that a learning disability is not a cognitive deficit and has no bearing on IQ, right?

And for that matter, there are plenty of highly UNintelligent people who hold advanced degrees, too, unfortunately.

So what?
Now it's unintelligent instead of uneducated. So what are you judging an entire group of people's intelligence on?
And you know what? Based on your own statement, there are many doctors who make it through medical school somehow and shouldn't have. People are then going to them and blindly trusting them with their lives.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
So what?
Now it's unintelligent instead of uneducated. So what are you judging an entire group of people's intelligence on?
And you know what? Based on your own statement, there are many doctors who make it through medical school somehow and shouldn't have. People are then going to them and blindly trusting them with their lives.

I agree that broad generalizations are usually not helpful. I also agree that it's important to ask questions and either find answers or find someone whose intelligence and ability to parse through scientific data you trust, to explain things to you.

I couldn't help commenting though on your statement that seemed to imply that a learning disability means lower intelligence, because that is a misconception and not at all accurate.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's a mistake to make assumptions about someone's intelligence, comprehension or education level based on their online posting style.

Many people intentionally use poor grammar in online posts, "dumb down" their vocab, and use awkward shorthand when posting, especially when posting anonymously.

You can most definitely tell when sombody is writing like a college educated person based on content, vocabulary, grammar, and spelling. These are not mistakes people make on purpose. I'm not talking about short hand writing like abbreviations here. I'm not the one judging. I know that there are intelligent, unintelligent, educated, and uneducated in every group.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
I agree that broad generalizations are usually not helpful. I also agree that it's important to ask questions and either find answers or find someone whose intelligence and ability to parse through scientific data you trust, to explain things to you.

I couldn't help commenting though on your statement that seemed to imply that a learning disability means lower intelligence, because that is a misconception and not at all accurate.

Okay, Agreed.
It's not accurate to call anybody unintelligent anyway as there are multiple types of intelligence. One can be unintelligent in one area and exceptionally intelligent in another. That's why this whole claim that ALL people who don't vaccinate are unintelligent or uneducated is ridiculous and untrue.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, Agreed.
It's not accurate to call anybody unintelligent anyway as there are multiple types of intelligence. One can be unintelligent in one area and exceptionally intelligent in another. That's why this whole claim that ALL people who don't vaccinate are unintelligent or uneducated is ridiculous and untrue.

And I don't even know what peach is, but I'm sure if it's an exclusively Jewish magazine, most of the world doesn't know about it. And yes, there are vaccination debates outside of the chassidishe community, and among educated people too.

I would agree that a lot of people that do not vaccinate are intelligent. In fact, many are very intelligent people. But, I can also make this statement, "There are no immunologists that are anti-vaccination." (At least none of the thousands I have met over the years.) This is because intelligence has little to do understanding vaccination and immune pathways, rather, in depth knowledge and experience in a very narrow field is what leads to an immunologist's conclusions. The immune system is so complex, so beautiful that book knowledge without teachers and applications does not afford an accurate understanding of the field or vaccination. Intelligence of anti-vaxers, therefore, is not a useful question in the debate of whether to vaccinate children against infectious diseases.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:01 pm
So many amothers suddenly, was just wondering what my amother name would be Very Happy

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:06 pm
amother wrote:
I would agree that a lot of people that do not vaccinate are intelligent. In fact, many are very intelligent people. But, I can also make this statement, "There are no immunologists that are anti-vaccination." (At least none of the thousands I have met over the years.) This is because intelligence has little to do understanding vaccination and immune pathways, rather, in depth knowledge and experience in a very narrow field is what leads to an immunologist's conclusions. The immune system is so complex, so beautiful that book knowledge without teachers and applications does not afford an accurate understanding of the field or vaccination. Intelligence of anti-vaxers, therefore, is not a useful question in the debate of whether to vaccinate children against infectious diseases.

Did you ask each one of those thousands of immunologists if they vaccinate their own children according to the recommended schedule? (You might be surprised). If I recall correctly, there is an anti vaccine book written by an immunologist. I haven't read it, but I do remember hearing about it.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:17 pm
The immunologist is Dr. Tetyana Obukhanych. She wrote the book Vaccine Illusion.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure why so many antivaxxers get so worked up about the hep b vaccine. It's transmitted s-xually and through contact with blood. Infants who get it have the most dramatic and terrible outcomes. So why not protect them? Ftr, I have several advanced degrees in the sciences and fully vaccinate my children as does the rest of my educated community.

How are infants getting it if they are not s-xually active, if their parents don't have and they are not coming in contact with others blood (how should they be coming in contact with others blood?). So what are we protecting them from exactly if they are at no risk at all?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:21 pm
Tetyana Obukhanych, PhD
She's an anti vaccine Harvard trained immunologist. I honestly don't know much else about her, besides the fact that she wrote a book.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
The immunologist is Dr. Tetyana Obukhanych. She wrote the book Vaccine Illusion.

Oops, didn't see you posted first.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:23 pm
amother wrote:

I took my son who has debilitating eczema and life threatening allergies to an immunologist and I asked him the following questions: 1) what causes a child to develop eczema like this, where he's covered head to toe, and was literally not sleeping from being in pain? 2) how can we cure it?
And the answers that I got were the following: 1) I don't know, some children are just like this 2) I don't know
I lost all faith in the medical professions understanding of the immune system on that day. I have since asked the same questions of an allergist, and received the same answers.
My sons immune system is not working properly and you don't know why, and you can't fix it, yet you feel confident to manipulate it?
I made the decision to delay vaccinating my next child. I plan to have him caught up before he starts school. This child is my 4th child, and is the first one that does not have allergies or eczema.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:37 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

gold21

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
I took my son who has debilitating eczema and life threatening allergies to an immunologist and I asked him the following questions: 1) what causes a child to develop eczema like this, where he's covered head to toe, and was literally not sleeping from being in pain? 2) how can we cure it?
And the answers that I got were the following: 1) I don't know, some children are just like this 2) I don't know
I lost all faith in the medical professions understanding of the immune system on that day. I have since asked the same questions of an allergist, and received the same answers.
My sons immune system is not working properly and you don't know why, and you can't fix it, yet you feel confident to manipulate it?
I made the decision to delay vaccinating my next child. I plan to have him caught up before he starts school. This child is my 4th child, and is the first one that does not have allergies or eczema.

I understand your frustration, and I agree that the medical world is grossly- criminally, actually- undereducated about allergies and eczema. It's incredibly frustrating.

I do vax, and without hesitation- although I dont follow the standard vax schedule... I stagger the shots a little and move more slowly through the vaccine schedule.

But yea, I hear you about the eczema thing. Super frustrating.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:55 pm
amother wrote:
How are infants getting it if they are not s-xually active, if their parents don't have and they are not coming in contact with others blood (how should they be coming in contact with others blood?). So what are we protecting them from exactly if they are at no risk at all?

Cvs a blood transfusion.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
Cvs a blood transfusion.

The blood in blood banks is heavily tested. There should be far less of a chance of getting hep b from a blood transfusion these days than from an adverse reaction to the hep b shot.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 12:19 am
amother wrote:
The blood in blood banks is heavily tested. There should be far less of a chance of getting hep b from a blood transfusion these days than from an adverse reaction to the hep b shot.

So you trust that the blood is heavily tested by the medical professionals but you don't trust the medical professionals because they have an agenda. Makes sense.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:04 am
amother wrote:
So you trust that the blood is heavily tested by the medical professionals but you don't trust the medical professionals because they have an agenda. Makes sense.

One gets a blood transfusion for immediate life saving problems. That's different than prophylactically poisoning yourself for a maybe. And I didn't say I don't trust them. They have valid arguments. So do I.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
For all of you judging and calling people you don't know uneducated based on one decision they make, I hope that you have graduate degrees yourself. Just based on this thread alone, I'd guess that some of the more anti and neutral posters are educated. And there are definitely some (not all) of the people who posted pro seem somewhat ignorant and lacking in basic grammar and reading comprehension. Just because you know someone who is uneducated who happens not to vax, doesn't mean a thing. I know people who clearly have learning disabilities who vaccinate all their children. I recently saw someone with a learning disability calling someone on social media an idiot for delaying vaccination. I would love for them to compare their academic record with the person who was delaying and to confirm. So you know someone who doesn't vaccinate who isn't educated? Big deal. I know several pro vax people who are not very bright and they are usually the ones calling others stupid. I would like to think that educated and classy people know better than to name call.

FYI: A learning disability has no effect on one's intelligence.

An academic record has no connection to one's intelligence.

Intelligence and education are not the same thing.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
Did you ask each one of those thousands of immunologists if they vaccinate their own children according to the recommended schedule? (You might be surprised). If I recall correctly, there is an anti vaccine book written by an immunologist. I haven't read it, but I do remember hearing about it.

Yes, we discuss this topic often amongst ourselves. We vaccinate. Not all kids on schedule because every person is different. Not all kids can be vaccinated either. We don't believe in black and white.

Tetyana Obukhanych is the immunologist you are speaking of. If you understand her theories, she says it is better that children are infected and risk death from illness because this will engender natural immunity which is longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity. So, take the individual risk for the benefit of the population. Her theories are well known. Epidemiology in endemic regions for infectious disease contradict her theories. People also disagree with her for moral and ethical reasons. Too many children die and the goal of medicine is to prevent death and illness.
Page 14 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics