Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Messy pony wig- weekday or wedding?

Ms Muggle

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:47 pm
I used to wear my pony wig during the weekday in that full curly messy style. Now everybody is wearing that to weddings, and I feel like I can't wear it to work anymore because I look too fancy. What does everyone think?

Optione

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:14 pm
To me "messy" doesn't equal "wedding"...

bigsis144

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:16 pm
Optione wrote:
To me "messy" doesn't equal "wedding"...

The "beachy" tousled look has a soft, bohemian, romantic vibe, and is totally a "thing" for formal occasions like weddings or the Oscars.

OP, I think that the rest of your outfit + makeup is what makes the ponytail carefree/casual or flirtily tousled. Natural makeup and weekday clothes will dress it down; heavier, more stylish makeup and clothes will be fancy yet hip.

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:54 pm
I just got a pony wig for evening/Shabbos, very thick and curly. I left the front with a few wisps, no bangs.

I'm still wearing my old pony wig during the week. It has a full bang, thinner hair, so the pony can't have that full tousled look.

I think it depends on how the pony is styled, if it's evening or casual. And of course your clothing and stuff!

benny

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 10:26 pm
I recently took an old wig and had it done in a messy bun for vacation. A few ppl who saw me in it asked where I'm going all fancy! I was so embarrassed! I'm like um I just put it up for vacation.

agreer

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 12:09 am
Always better to err on the side of over- vs. under-dressed, in my opinion.

You can wear your messy pony to work. No prob.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels