Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Feeding baby chicken soup

devorah1231

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 11:45 am
Can I feed my baby chicken soup? She is 6 months and exclusively breastfed.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 11:54 am
Life123 wrote:
Can I feed my baby chicken soup? She is 6 months and exclusively breastfed.

Of course you can!
If your giving her veggies or chicken either mash up or cut into small pieces

devorah1231

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 11:56 am
I read somewhere that broth has too much sodium

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 11:58 am
Life123 wrote:
I read somewhere that broth has too much sodium

So put in less salt (or leave out the salt) just don't use consume

sky

I only start protein like mashed chicken once a baby is 8 months. You may want to check with your pediatrician first.

flowerpower

Sure! It's my favorite healthy food to feed infants.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 1:52 pm
Yes, chicken soup is THE best first food hands down. Salt is fine, protein is EXCELLENT. Just make sure to mash up the veggies and if you want to feed chicken it needs to be puréed together with the soup (or the tiny disintegrated pieces that float in the soup are fine too.)

lucky14

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:27 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Yes, chicken soup is THE best first food hands down. Salt is fine, protein is EXCELLENT. Just make sure to mash up the veggies and if you want to feed chicken it needs to be puréed together with the soup (or the tiny disintegrated pieces that float in the soup are fine too.)

um then why does every single baby book say limit salt? are you saying this because she'll only be eating such a small amount of the soup? because in general they say babies should only have a very small amount of salt each day.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:30 pm
lucky14 wrote:
um then why does every single baby book say limit salt? are you saying this because she'll only be eating such a small amount of the soup? because in general they say babies should only have a very small amount of salt each day.

Ditch those baby books. Chicken soup has as much salt as you put into it. Mine is not full of sodium. It has tons of vitamins from the chicken and vegetables.

lucky14

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:41 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Ditch those baby books. Chicken soup has as much salt as you put into it. Mine is not full of sodium. It has tons of vitamins from the chicken and vegetables.

so it's not about ditching the baby books, but about how much salt is in your soup (they say to not give babies high sodium foods, not no salt at all). Personally, my soups always have tons so I'd have to make a major adjustment. Smile

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:59 pm
Why does it have a ton in first place? It's just as unhealthy for adults as it is for infants.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:15 pm
lucky14 wrote:
so it's not about ditching the baby books, but about how much salt is in your soup (they say to not give babies high sodium foods, not no salt at all). Personally, my soups always have tons so I'd have to make a major adjustment. Smile

If your soup has tons of sodium because you use consommé or just way too much salt, you can dilute the soup you feed to your baby (or stop using so much salt, it isn't healthy for anyone.) But it's fine for babies to have foods that are spiced and normally salted.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:36 pm
Make separate soup for your baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics