Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Feldheim Book Sale, which book shall I purchase?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 11:58 am
There are two books by Feldheim that are on sale now. I'd like to purchase one, which one do you suggest:

Road Less Traveled

Narrow Bridge

Thanks for your help.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 2:19 pm
Interesting choice. I assume you have a prior interest in them to be limiting yourself to these 2?
I didn't read The Road Less Traveled, though I caught bits and pieces of it in serial form. I think it might appeal to bright middle school kids - I heard a precocious young reader at a Jewish library say that this was the best book ever.
As for A Narrow Bridge, I assume this is the Peri Berger book. If you've read and liked her other books, you'll like this one too. Soap opera, dysfunction, page-turning reading.

I won't say which one you should buy. Not just because I don't know you enough but I rarely buy novels. (Though if EG Schwartz's Grey Coat, or whatever the Binah serial was called, comes out in book form I'll be first in line.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 7:24 pm
I own both. Exactly like PF said.
Narrow Bridge is about a dysfunctional marriage. I didn't find it spell-binding, but I found it intriguing.
The Road Less Traveled was serialized in Mishpacha Jr, and it is a good read for those who like teen novels.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 9:30 pm
I recommend Road Less Traveled. I enjoyed that book way more than the other.

agreer

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 12:29 am
What about Narrow Bridge vs. Pain Relief, both by Peri Berger?

I haven't read either but I read snippets of narrow bridge when it was in Ami, and I liked the high drama.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 5:22 pm
Pain Relief I actually enjoyed more because the topic was more in line with my interests: how someone who seems like you and me can fall into an addiction. I know people who've had it happen, so it made it more real life to me. But I also liked The Narrow Bridge, in a voyeuristic kind of way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room