Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Traveling from Lakewood to nyc the easiest way

sourstix

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 6:52 pm
which way has the least traffic to get to Weill Cornell by 10 am? On a weekday. Train or car or both. I don't know where to get the train in New Jersey if that is an option. No bus ( I know about it but can't use that option)

sourstix

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:18 pm
Bump

studying_torah

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:54 pm
The train doesn't go from lakewood, nor anywhere nearby.

debsey

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 9:37 pm
I think the closest commuter train in to the city is Point Pleasant Beach, and it takes about 2.5 hours to get to Penn Station. Then you have to get from Penn station to Weill Cornell. That would be about a 30 min subway ride (If my overall recollection of the subway system in NYC is correct) not including the time it would take you to get to the train and wait.

It takes about 30-40 minutes from Lakewood to get to Pt Pleasant Beach as well.

Honestly, you're better off taking NJ Transit in to Port Authority - 42nd street, and taking the subway from there (about a 30 minute ride) You don't have to get to Pt Pleasant Beach, so it cuts that time out of your trip.

Or you could get an Uber from Port Authority and drive to Weill Cornell.

Driving in to the city is one thing, I find that the parking costs are prohibitive and finding parking (even in paid garages) is what adds the most time to my trip. That's why I prefer bus/subway.

summer0808

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 9:47 pm
if you cant take the bus, then drive further up the line. I think Woodbridge is a good place. It's right on the parkway at about exit 131.

then take the train to Penn Station and the subway or taxi from there.

singleagain

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 11:18 pm
randomly setting a time/date and from simply Lakewood township, NJ, google maps gives several buses 139, 137 from Lakewood Bus Terminal - however, all those travel times are over 2 & half hours, the bus times are busses leave at around 7 am. The car options, are between and hour-forty, and two and a half. with the same leave times, but those times start from getting on the highway, and do not include how long it takes from your house to the highway.

Personally, I would drive, and use Waze to help detect traffic and you can find parking coupons for car parks around your location. If a bus gets stuck in traffic you will sit. If you are driving in traffic, Waze will reroute you.

If you can do a short walk, Icon Parking has coupons for 19 dollars at a garage on 61st & 3rd. (using the same random time/date) The Icon Parking app is free, you just specify the place, time in and time out. And if you don't like Icon, another app called Best Parking, shows an 18 dollar garage on York & 66st (same time/date I randomly chose)

Also, it appears you can (at some garages) reserve a spot, space guaranteed, it says.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics