Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
School w Judaic Studies in English & Transport from Bklyn

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:32 pm
We are looking for a warm school with individual attention for dd starting sixth grade next year. A school that teaches Jewish subjects in English (Hebrew words and phrases OK but speech and writing in English) and the teachers don't speak in straight up Hebrew. A place that is warm and cares about each student and tries to bring out the best in every student as dd is very bright but needs more individualized attention than her large class now in order to succeed and the Hebrew speaking is killing her.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:34 pm
Can you tell us more about your hashkafa.
What kind of school is your daughter currently in?
Feel free to PM me- I may have some ideas for you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:39 pm
cnc wrote:
Can you tell us more about your hashkafa.
What kind of school is your daughter currently in?
Feel free to PM me- I may have some ideas for you.

We're a BY family in BY school but we can go a little more to the left. Comfortable in a Bais Yaakov setting or a bit more modern but not comfortable with more Yeshiva only one type of family school (like Bais Yaakov of Bensonhurst would be too much to the right but Bais Yaakov Lower East Side might work - I don't know much about how either of their Hebrew subjects are taught but I mean Hashkafa wise).

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
We are looking for a warm school with individual attention for dd starting sixth grade next year. A school that teaches Jewish subjects in English (Hebrew words and phrases OK but speech and writing in English) and the teachers don't speak in straight up Hebrew. A place that is warm and cares about each student and tries to bring out the best in every student as dd is very bright but needs more individualized attention than her large class now in order to succeed and the Hebrew speaking is killing her.

Just in case you would be interested, Be'er Hagolah has small classes and cater to families with little religious background so they are very slow and patient with Judaic studies and hebrew. They are very warm and caring and the students get tons of individualized attention.

The administration is black hat and the students vary based on their backgrounds. The school has strict rules, but the students range from families who aren't religious to BY types who are there for its affordability and fit for the child. You might want to check them out just in case.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
Just in case you would be interested, Be'er Hagolah has small classes and cater to families with little religious background so they are very slow and patient with Judaic studies and hebrew. They are very warm and caring and the students get tons of individualized attention.

The administration is black hat and the students vary based on their backgrounds. The school has strict rules, but the students range from families who aren't religious to BY types who are there for its affordability and fit for the child. You might want to check them out just in case.

Shalsheles Bais Yaakov is similar. It is located in Boro Park.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:

Thank you but we don't come from that background. We grew up right wing very frum even though now we're kind of just JPF and I can't see it being a good fit for my dd.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:
Shalsheles Bais Yaakov is similar. It is located in Boro Park.
Thanks but again I don't think it would be a good fit.

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:56 pm
Lev Bais Yaakov
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children