Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Waterproof sukka decoration ideas

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:40 pm
Anyone have some good ideas of waterproof crafts I can do with my kids?

water_bear88

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:51 pm
Laminated or plastic "paper" chains? Otherwise, laminated wall hangings, laminated anything else you'd have been thinking of.

mfb

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:55 pm
Any wall hanging crafts can be put into ziploc bags to make them waterproof. For bigger crafts I use challah ziploc bags.

debbie321

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:01 pm
I went to dollar tree, got plastic hanging xmas orbs , took off lids and put fake flowers.in,then closed it with orb lid. looks beautiful!

trixx

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:29 pm
Laminated construction paper runs in the rain btw. Like the colors run you'll have to throw out after.
Stained glass - print coloring sheets onto plastic sheets (the kind used in overhead projector) and color with permanent marker
Waldereducation.org for coloring sheets. I also have some very cool ones great for older kids if you pm me with an email address I can send

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:36 pm
Make pipe cleaner chains.

mfb

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
Make pipe cleaner chains.

Forgot about those. My kids made very pretty ones. We bought small crystal beads in different colors. They threaded on the pipe cleaners and made pretty chains. Each kid did a different kind of pattern so each long chain has a unique look.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:46 pm
"paper chains" made out of foam sheets.
They are literally never going to biodegrade. This stuff will fill our landfills and stay there until Moshiach comes.

And the colors do not fade.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:47 pm
When we were younger, my sisters took a heavy duty clear plastic tablecloth and made a mosaic of the ushpizen with colored permanent markers. It takes up most of the main wall. And has lasted through the decades. We used to hang tinsel around it to create a frame.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 3:10 pm
Plastic decorations from the dollar store. I have plastic flowers and fruits/veggies that are 5-8 years old, have survived the rain and are still just fine to use.

MyUsername

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:00 am
Make anything on paper - cards, drawings, etc. And then put between 2 pieces of sticky contact paper. My parent used to do this for things I made / brought home. They don't last forever in the rain, but usually a few years at least.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:01 am
A tip I learned long ago. Take colorful shopping bags and use them as you would to make paper recreations. You can make anything that you would otherwise use paper for and they keep well from year to year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics