Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I feel very self conscious in my sheitel

RW

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 7:49 pm
I am married for 10 years, 8 of which I only wore a fall. About 2 years ago, I started to wear a full sheitel. I feel so self conscious in it. I feel much more myself in my fall. However, I started to become a little uncomfortable wearing my fall on shabbos/yom Tov. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like a full sheitel is more shabbosy yet I'm so self conscious in it.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 7:50 pm
What about it makes you feel self conscious? Is it less comfortable? Do you feel like it's not the same you when you wear it? Do you not like how you look in it?

RW

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about it makes you feel self conscious? Is it less comfortable? Do you feel like it's not the same you when you wear it? Do you not like how you look in it?

I can't pinpoint exactly what makes me self conscious, it might just be that I like the way I look in my fall better than my full sheitel. I look completely different in both.

Tzedek Tirdof

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 8:29 pm
RW wrote:
I can't pinpoint exactly what makes me self conscious, it might just be that I like the way I look in my fall better than my full sheitel. I look completely different in both.

If you prefer your fall look, why not just wear the fall? You can dress it up for Shabbos with a glittery band and wear plainer ones during the week. Surely that's preferable to wearing something you don't feel yourself in?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 1:23 am
With the full sheitel, is the hair falling in your face and bothering you? I hate having hair tickling my face, so I can see how a fall would be way more comfortable. Maybe if you had the front re-cut you'd feel better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels