Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Dairy meals on yom Tov?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 7:39 pm
For the second days, we are probably eating the first 2 meals by my in-laws and the simchas Torah meals at home. I was thinking of making dairy for the simchas Torah meals cause I just feel that dairy is a lot easier. My husband loves the idea of dairy on yom tov but I always feel guilty doing dairy, but it is so much easier. Anyone else do milchigs on yuntif?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 7:45 pm
I definitely do non-meaty meals many times on yom tov.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 7:51 pm
Yep.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 7:57 pm
I would do it but the shul has a fleishig kiddish that everyone likes.

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 8:42 pm
Yes we do, totally normal in our community

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 8:49 pm
I think it's weird (we even do fleishig meals shavuot) but clearly I'm in the minority.

treetop12

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 5:28 am
We usually one dairy/parve meal for each Yom Tov. We all love the change.

Miri7

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 9:21 am
Everyone seems to enjoy the dairy meals I prepare for Yom tov. We hosted three meals over chag and the meal that got the most rave reviews was the dairy one. I think people like the change.

I do check to be sure about when shul is serving a fleishig kiddush.

Also, I serve dairy usually at lunch and not dinner (unless all my guests are vegetarian). Just in case someone ate a late fleishig lunch.

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 11:58 am
I make either a dairy meal or a simple salad meal every yom tov. I notify guests beforehand though in case they have issues with this or want to eat at kiddush.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:05 pm
I would go stark raving mad after four fleishik meals in a row and would likely start chewing blackboard chalk or drinking white paint in sheer desperation.

spring13

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 5:57 pm
Go for it! Whatever you guys think is delicious will create simchas yom tov, because you'll enjoy eating it. I just went through 4 dairy-free meals at my ILs and was practically crying for some cheese by the end.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 6:22 pm
Thank you all for your responses. The first 2 meals we are by my in-laws and their meals will be fleishigs. The 2 simchas Torah meals we are doing at home and I will be doing milchigs. We are having a friend join us for lunch and I already mentioned to him just to be aware of a possible fleishigs kiddush at shul since lunch will be milchigs. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate it. My husband is actually extremely happy with the idea of milchigs yuntif meals 😀

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you all for your responses. The first 2 meals we are by my in-laws and their meals will be fleishigs. The 2 simchas Torah meals we are doing at home and I will be doing milchigs. We are having a friend join us for lunch and I already mentioned to him just to be aware of a possible fleishigs kiddush at shul since lunch will be milchigs. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate it. My husband is actually extremely happy with the idea of milchigs yuntif meals 😀

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics