Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
BEKO fridge electricity turns on on Shabbat...please help

rimon613

Post Sat, Oct 22 2016, 7:21 pm
Someone please help me. So I bought a BEKO fridge a few weeks ago and I realized that the light automatically turns on when I open the fridge door so now I use magnets that help keep the light off on Shabbat even when I open the fridge door. But now I realized that even when the light inside the fridge doesn't turn on, every time I open the fridge door, the electronic display on the front of my fridge changes every time I open the door. I just realized it this Shabbat and I don't know what to do. 2 days of Yom Tov are starting tomorrow and I must solve this problem before tomorrow. Someone please help me.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 22 2016, 8:30 pm
I wish there was a way to figure this out before tomorrow!
There is a new product out there by Zman that helps for this issue. We personally have Shabbat mode on our Frigidaire refrigerator but it sounds like the Zman product would help you in your case if there is no Shabbat mode.
https://www.zmantechnologies.c......html

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Oct 22 2016, 8:50 pm
Can you hook it up to an appliance timer for the next few days until you can get a real Shabbos timer? https://www.amazon.com/Interma.....NMQEC

Is it possible a frum appliance repair guy in your area has one of those special Shabbos timers?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 1:49 pm

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 2:32 pm
PM'ed you. I can send a pic if necessary.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 2:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I wish there was a way to figure this out before tomorrow!
There is a new product out there by Zman that helps for this issue. We personally have Shabbat mode on our Frigidaire refrigerator but it sounds like the Zman product would help you in your case if there is no Shabbat mode.
https://www.zmantechnologies.c......html

I have a plain non digital refrigerator (Whirlpool?), and tape my lights for shaboos. My compressor and circulating pump do not turn on when I open the door.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 4:50 pm
Are you sure you dont have Sabbath mode?
Check if any of these are your model
http://download.beko.com/Downl.....3.pdf

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 5:32 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I have a plain non digital refrigerator (Whirlpool?), and tape my lights for shaboos. My compressor and circulating pump do not turn on when I open the door.

When we had a non digital refrigerator we simply removed the light bulb before shabbos and all was well.
Now with a digital refrigerator, like the OP has as well, the digital display information changes each time we open the refrigerator.

rimon613

Post Tue, Oct 25 2016, 7:13 pm
So what do you do about it on Shabbat and Yamim Tovim?

ra_mom wrote:
When we had a non digital refrigerator we simply removed the light bulb before shabbos and all was well.
Now with a digital refrigerator, like the OP has as well, the digital display information changes each time we open the refrigerator.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2016, 7:18 pm
rimon613 wrote:
So what do you do about it on Shabbat and Yamim Tovim?

We bought a refrigerator that has a built in Shabbat mode from the manufacturer so we have no issue on shabbos. We put the refrigerator into Shabbat mode and then the digital display screen goes blank, the alerts and lights go off and this way we're able to use it on shabbos. We also need to manually turn off the ice maker before shabbos.
But I noticed you said that you have a digital refrigerator without Shabbat mode, which is why I suggested the above item. The item shuts down certain aspects of the refrigerator for shabbos, and can therefore make your refrigerator usable for shabbos through this outer device.
As mentioned above to MagentaYenta, a non digital refrigerator is not problematic on shabbos, according to most opinions. (Though from what I've read, Zman Technologies feels otherwise and says we shouldn't be relying on the heter that makes it permissible.)

ariellabella

Post Tue, Oct 25 2016, 10:14 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....04855

There are a bunch of good suggestions in this thread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen