Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep help!!

wazup

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 2:55 pm
so my baby is 4 months old and she will only fall into a deep sleep in my bed. when she is in her crib she sleeps maybe an hour at a time if im lucky. problem is that when I put her in my bed I dont sleep because im scared of rolling over on top of her. problem is that in middle of the night im too exhausted to deal with her so I just do it so that she will fall asleep.
last night I decided to be good and im gonna do everything possible not to do it. she literally cried on and off until 4 am when I gave up and put her in my bed and she slept until 8!
I tried swaddling but it x work, I tried putting her to sleep o her side (she snuggles up on her side into my side in my bed so I though that might work) but nothing.
any suggestions?

agreer

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 5:21 pm
Weissbluth CIO

cla

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 6:32 pm
Keep her in your bed but put her at head height. Move your pillow to one side of the bed making a little nook between your pillow and the wall where you won't be rolling onto her, nor risking your blanket covering her face. That's how I've safely and comfortably co-slept with all my kids. This probably won't work well on a twin size bed though so the advice is only if you have a larger size bed.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 8:56 am
Maybe your mattress is softer than the one your baby has? Also you could maybe try to sleep one night with her sheet and then put it in her crib. She might smell you and it will be comforting to her.

wazup

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 3:23 pm
I dont want to keep her in my bed so that is not an option.
CIO is also not- I physically cannot listen to my dd scream her lungs out
I will try the sheet thing.
any other suggestions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics