Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/o: ISO blankets that are heavy but not warm

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:53 am
DD and I have a hard time sleeping and are sensory, so I'd like to get us weighted blankets - but the therapeutic ones are soooo expensive! I'm thinking we can probably get a similar effect with just any heavy blanket as our current ones are quite lightweight. BUT I don't want to be all sweaty, especially when the weather is not cool or the building heat is up! My lightweight comforter (down alternative, that's the thread that got me thinking) is VERY warm. My thinner blankets are comfortably un-warm but also pretty light.

Looking for leads to a blanket that is budget-friendly, heavy, and not hot. (for comparison, the therapeutic weighted blankets are in the $100 range and up. I think they're supposed to be about 10% of your body weight but I really don't think it's an exact science when we're talking about just having a more comfortable sleep.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:45 pm
I don't know if this is heavy enough, but it appears to be something that can add weight on top of your regular blanket without too luck bulk.
https://www.overstock.com/8926.....age=1

ETA: My mom has a pair of deliciously heavy wool filled quilts from when she got married many eons ago. They are very heavy, but as I understand it, quite expensive.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:50 pm
Thanks. Reviews all mention that it's very warm, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics