Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
SECRETS OF THE TORAH VIDEO - Rabbi Mizrachi
Previous  1  2  3

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
And many disagreed with Rav Avigdor Miller on that.
Yes, I thought I heard that as well.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 10:08 am
ra_mom wrote:
When God comes down and tells us that he brought our ancestors to the gas chambers because of something they did (God forbid), I'll believe it. Until then...
The Judaism I practice, and the God that I believe in, is not vengeful.

The G-d I believe in acts with love, and justice. He was responsible for allowing the Holocaust to happen and had a reason. But to pin it on one action like this, vs. a whole cultural landslide*, is untenable. Unless one is a navi, which we don't have now.

*You can read A Divine Madness by Rabbi Avigdor Miller. Controversial, but an important historical and hashkafic perspective for us to learn from. Ours is a generation that needs the yemin mekareves and to feel the love of Hashem, but something I learned from a course on the Six Constant Mitzvos: you can't have true love without fear. Fear of hurting the one you love, of messing up. Of course it has to be healthy, but it has to be present. This is where yiras ha'onesh comes in, and onesh is a reality.

ETA: Just read p. 2 and see I'm not the first to reference A Divine Madness. I'll let it stand.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
Am about to read those links, but before I do...gotta point out that rabbi avigdor Miller said long ago that women for led to the gas chambers because of uncovering hair. A seminary teacher of mine made us read that in class 12 years ago (anyone here from moreshet who remembers rabbi triebitz)?

Rabbi Mizrachi didn't say the holocaust came bec. of women uncovering their hair.
He was disparaging women ON THEIR WAY TO THE GAS CHAMBERS for having uncovered hair. Like, somehow, they should have all procured tichels while they were naked and in a death camp march to the gas chambers. I read this in Hamodia.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:05 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbi Mizrachi didn't say the holocaust came bec. of women uncovering their hair.
He was disparaging women ON THEIR WAY TO THE GAS CHAMBERS for having uncovered hair. Like, somehow, they should have all procured tichels while they were naked and in a death camp march to the gas chambers. I read this in Hamodia.

Interesting
I wasn't aware that the Nazis provided head coverings.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:

I watched one of his videos. he said that there were women who weren't ashamed of their nakedness and flaunted their bodies for the cameras rather than turn away in embarrassment.

seriously, aside from the audacity to make such a statement, was he spending time looking at holocaust footage for to see if women flaunted their bodies? these people went through the worst definition of hell and died there. difficult decisions have had to be made regarding the victims' dignity after the fact, whether or not this kind of footage should be shown. holocaust exhibits are important for all generations, and the footage is incredibly difficult to look at. I can't imagine anyone studying it that closely to look at the attitude of the victims. his statement shows that he is either a) exaggerating/inventing things to prove his point (very likely the case, this is common in the "inspirational speaking" field) AND the man has no filter (also not uncommon, but enough people know how to present their lack of filter as pleasant or funny) OR b) an incredibly perverse individual. I'm going to assume he has some moral compass in him and go with choice a. that doesn't excuse what he said, and I am all for taking him out of the public eye. I think it needs to happen asap.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:17 pm
And the reason that chasidish rabbonim are not aware of this sick individual is because they don't listen to his shtuss! Someone needs to go to more rabbonim from chasidish and yeshivish communities and alert them to this sick person. He doesn't even deserve for me to mention his name. 😈

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
From what I've read, it doesn't appear that he has smicha and he doesn't have a rabbi of his own either.

Update: Rabbi Yagen was the one who inspired Yossi Mizrachi to become frum. Mizrachi wanted to go out on his own but Rabbi Yagen told him he wasn't ready so Mizrachi cut ties with him.
What I wrote above still stands.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational