Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Monsey-ers. Anyone have info for female taxi drivers?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 5:39 pm
I'm looking to get a contact number for a female car service/taxi. Preferably Jewish. Please post any numbers for trustable female drivers that u would feel comfortable using at night.

ETA: I need to get to viola mikvah and am new in town. I wouldn't even attempt to walk there and I don't drive. Dh will have to stay home to watch the kids. Having a female driver to and from would make things so much easier.

joyful mom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:01 pm
Call the Mikvah and perhaps the receptionist can give you numbers to call

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:20 pm
joyful mom wrote:
Call the Mikvah and perhaps the receptionist can give you numbers to call

Thanks for that suggestion! Haven't thought about that.

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:17 pm
You can ask the local taxi services for a female only driver. If cost is a factor, they were 25% cheaper and don't task on crazy fees in my experience.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:55 pm
Why do you specifically need a women driver?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:10 pm
You don't see the irony in asking for a female Jewish driver? If you don't think women should drive (I don't mean you particularly, just you in general, maybe you have vision problems that prevent you from driving) then get a babysitter and have your husband drive you.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:57 am
I usually ask a neighbor to babysit for a few minutes while my husband takes and brings me

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 4:43 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Why do you specifically need a women driver?

There have recently been a few assaults in the Monsey/ chestnut ridge area, all occuring in the evening by male taxi drivers. Of course it can happen with females too, not as often. I have no doubt that most taxis know what that specific address is and if its a male driver knowing in advance that it'll be a few lone minutes with a single female, well I wouldn't want to put myself through that chance....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 4:46 am
amother wrote:
I usually ask a neighbor to babysit for a few minutes while my husband takes and brings me

I was considering doing that however I live in a not-so-developed area and not many Jews live here yet. There's only 1 neighbor that I would be able to ask and she usually doesn't know in advance if her daughters will be available....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 4:50 am
amother wrote:
You don't see the irony in asking for a female Jewish driver? If you don't think women should drive (I don't mean you particularly, just you in general, maybe you have vision problems that prevent you from driving) then get a babysitter and have your husband drive you.

To answer your question in short, I have epilepsy and can't drive. Ironic? Why? If I don't drive then does that mean that none of the other women drive? A large percentage of women in Monsey drive. Simply because it is very difficult to get from 1 place to another without a car. I actually am very supportive of women driving.

Just trying to figure out where u understood in my OP that I don't think women should drive.

ETA: Oh, and btw, the reason most of those none-driving women don't drive isnt because they don't think women should drive.....its because nearly all schools in this area don't accept any students that the mothers drive. Its not a matter of choice. If u want ur kids in school u can't drive. Done.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 7:40 am
ETA: Oh, and btw, the reason most of those none-driving women don't drive isnt because they don't think women should drive.....its because nearly all schools in this area don't accept any students that the mothers drive. Its not a matter of choice. If u want ur kids in school u can't drive. Done.[/quote]

Totally true! Most schools don't accept kids that mothers drive!!!

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 9:30 am
amother wrote:
To answer your question in short, I have epilepsy and can't drive. Ironic? Why? If I don't drive then does that mean that none of the other women drive? A large percentage of women in Monsey drive. Simply because it is very difficult to get from 1 place to another without a car. I actually am very supportive of women driving.

Just trying to figure out where u understood in my OP that I don't think women should drive.

ETA: Oh, and btw, the reason most of those none-driving women don't drive isnt because they don't think women should drive.....its because nearly all schools in this area don't accept any students that the mothers drive. Its not a matter of choice. If u want ur kids in school u can't drive. Done.

I was clear about not knowing your particular situation.

As for not getting your kids into school if you drive, don't send to those schools. Without students, schools close. If you send to these schools, you DO support not driving.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
I was clear about not knowing your particular situation.

As for not getting your kids into school if you drive, don't send to those schools. Without students, schools close. If you send to these schools, you DO support not driving.

I'm not sure where you live but here in Monsey its not like that. There's not many choices of schools and from these few schools there's a very slim chance of being accepted in the school. So if the school is willing to accept my children, I will do nearly anything for them to be able to stay in the school. Considering that its a normal school with a normal parent board and education. So no, I'm not supporting the school, I'm making a decision to either drive and homeschool my children, or have them in school and not drive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries