Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you save boxes from electronics?

OMG!

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:49 pm
For example from your cordless phone, ironer, noise machine, camera, iPod, etc etc..
Mood of decluttering, just don't know what's important. Like the iPod box, I might one day need to send it back to the manufacturer or something like it.
What do you keep, and what do you dispose of?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:52 pm
I pitch boxes after 1 year. The UPS and FedX stores all sell compatible boxes if you need to return an item after 1 year. I toss my Apple boxes after my Applecare expires.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:59 pm
OMG! wrote:
For example from your cordless phone, ironer, noise machine, camera, iPod, etc etc..
Mood of decluttering, just don't know what's important. Like the iPod box, I might one day need to send it back to the manufacturer or something like it.
What do you keep, and what do you dispose of?

I saved boxes when I expected that I would move - and thought it would be easier if I had the boxes, and the packing material in the boxes to pack them. I also had space to save the boxes. I've moved. Staying put for a while. I no longer keep boxes. I also no longer have space for boxes.

you could ship your ipod back in an envelope lined with bubble wrap. Apple doesn't need your box for a warranty claim.

read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Basically nothing is important, and everything is replaceable.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:28 am
Does it really make a difference? You keep it, you'll never need it, but if you throw it out, you will!! Very Happy Very Happy Murphy's law!! I don't, my husband does. I also hate clutter. I also rarely return anything.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:32 am
My husband keeps his iphone box with cable, plug and all the bits. When he upgrades he then sells the old phone in the box. Not sure if it makes a difference to the buyer that it comes in a box or not though lol.

glamourmom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:33 am
I do, for a while, in case I might need to return; then when I'm in the mood for decluttering, there's nothing like getting rid of a bunch of big empty dusty boxes.

OMG!

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:37 am
I Remember when I returned my used ironer to Kohl's one day and I received a brand new one because the old one was broken. Thinking now if they would have accepted the old one plain without a box??

trixx

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:49 am
OMG! wrote:
I Remember when I returned my used ironer to Kohl's one day and I received a brand new one because the old one was broken. Thinking now if they would have accepted the old one plain without a box??

at Kohls, yes they would have

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 1:22 pm
Take a picture of anything you might feel is important, and then toss it. E.g., if it's a product box, take a pic of the name of product and of the UPC code (bar code). I keep a folder on my computer of all these things, so I can call it up whenever I need it. Essentially, if you've used it for a while, it doesn't matter whether or not you have the original packaging.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 3:17 pm
I chuck all boxes and manuals.
Most manuals are available online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics