Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Whats your style?

Seraph

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:20 am
Whats your style, in general? Are you into the more classic look? Or the latest fashion? Or something else?

Do you have differnet styles for different things?

In terms of dress, I'm very into the classic/conservative style.

Jewelry I'm very ANTI classic- I like things different, but dainty. (I told my husband- in a nice way of course- that if he gave me the classic diamond ring when we got engaged, I would never wear it.)

In terms of house decor, I'm very much into the retro, modern, funky clunky look. (Didn't decorate my house that way because I bought cheap used things, but if I had the money to decorate my house as I could, I would definitely do the more retro style...)

How about you?

binah918

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:01 am
LOL, I'm EXACTLY the same.

I dress kinda classic/preppy/conservative. I'm not at all into trendy dress and anyway I hate shopping and would have no patience to keep up with the styles.

At the same time, I love funky, handmade, flea market type jewlery. Though I do have a classis diamond ring (passed down through a few generations of DH's family) and I absoluetly love it.

One day, if and when we have the money to decorate our house it will be pretty bare and modern (cause I don't have patience to dust tchachkies all day), but with lots of fun, colorful, funky art and sculptures. How this look will blend with a wall full of seforim (which is soooo traditional) I'm not sure!

Mishie

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:23 am
In terms of dress, I usually dress pretty trendy.

Jewlery, most days I wear a gold choker, gold earings (hanging), and most of my rings are yellow gold, some are white gold.
Sometimes I'll wear a Michal Negrin style piece of jewlery.

Home decorating - Both DH and I are very into the Modern look. We bought most of our stuff at IKEA.
Very colorful!
Very Geometrical!
Not really into the antique, old fashoned look.

Seraph

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:37 am
binah918 wrote:
LOL, I'm EXACTLY the same.
At the same time, I love funky, handmade, flea market type jewlery. Though I do have a classis diamond ring (passed down through a few generations of DH's family) and I absoluetly love it.

Diff taste in jewelry here.
I don't like flea market type jewelry at all- thats too clunky for me... When I said I like diff style jewelry, I mean, I like lots of things with spirals, twists, etc, but VERY dainty. Pretty and elegant, but not classic.

My engagement ring (that I picked out) is a similar style to this, but thinner, smaller diamond and with another band of yellow gold.

Sorta like this? Or rather a cross between those two...

Mishie

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:42 am
Breslov - my engagement ring is also similar to the top one. It's two strands, one matt gold, and the other shiny gold.
(My MIL chose it, she had the exact same one).

Seraph

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:44 am
Would you have picked it out yourself, or is it not so much your taste?

red sea

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:28 am
Intersesting thread breslov.

As for dressing, I'm a cross betwwen trendy & classic, usually casual.

Jewelry, I wear small peices only, very into traditional classic styles & modern art.

In terms of home, I have very eclectic taste.

Last edited by red sea on Tue, Jul 03 2007, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 9:45 am
How do you post the pics?

Anyway I am hippieish. I love patchwork skirts. If I could sew well enough I would make a patchwork tichel.

As for the house...I dislike retro and modern. I like traditional I guess. I don't like clutter. I like cozy and comfortable. A place where you can relax.

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 10:37 am
[img][/img]

Ok that took some rocket science. This is my kind of skirt. Different top of course.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 10:44 am
I have my moods.
there are days that I dress classy, and very nice.
days that I am more trendy, and cute
days that I look sporty...

as for my house, I like nice furniture, italian.... gold leaf.... I guess I like the real exquisite look.... I wanted my room to look like an expensive hotel.. my dining room to look like a palaces dining room...

my jewelry is diff every day, I have too much!!
bangles, big rings, diff earrings, I do wear my classic ebel watch every day.
I have too many handbags. I use a diff one every other day..
and forget about shoes!!! I love em!
guess thats why my name is beauty and the beast... so many sides to me!!!

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:55 pm
my style is simple and casual.
trendy but comfortable.
Tongue Out

Dini

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 6:42 pm
I dress mostly casual, I like to be comfortable. But there are times that I just have to get dressed in suits and straight skirts but its nice to, anyway thats mostly classic. I like to dress plain and simple but look nice. the house is basically like that too.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 7:30 pm
Casual but classic.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 1:11 pm
For clothes, classic but "young", or trendy. For jewelry, decoration.... classic but not "old".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics