Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How to package?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 3:43 am
Were thinking of doing a small (think palm sized like one portion small tin) of potato kugel, a small snack bag, a soda and pickle. I bought plastic containers to put it all in. Q- how do I package the pickle? Live in israel, dont have those individually packaged pickles. Also do I need to cover the little tin of kugel? Plastic wrap or foil?? Id rather leave it open...

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 4:09 am
You can wrap the pickle in plastic wrap.

And you should definitely cover the potato kugel. You don't know how long the m"m may be sitting out and you don't want it to attract bugs.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 11:34 am
For the kugel, I'd buy tins that come with covers. They come in either plastic or cardboard/foil.

For the pickle, why does it need to be a pickle? I'd rather skip it. But if you do need to include a pickle, put it in a small ziploc bag. Plastic wrap is too likely to leak.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 11:37 am
Those small cellophane bags with the sticky closure.

DVOM

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 12:56 pm
Teal, forgive me for saying so, but this seems like a very random pairing. Maybe leave out the pickle if it's causing trouble? That having been said, if pickles, chips and kugel strikes your fancy, Purim is definitely the day to indulge in it!

Over here they sell little tins that come with hard plastic covers. So neat and clean looking. I definitely would cover it. As another poster shared, you don't want bugs, and you want it to stay as fresh as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics