Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Rodan and fields

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 7:17 pm
I am looking to supplement my income and found this company that may be promising. I have two different consultants that I spoke to from rodan and fields, to get a feel for it.

Anyone tried building their own online retail store through rodan and fields?
Can you share your experience?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:55 pm
I don't know Rodan and Fields but my experience with this type of company is:
1 - you have to love it. Use the products to make sure you love them before deciding to make it a business.
2 - if you want to make income like a job, you need to work it like a job. It may be home based but you can't make it happen by sitting at home.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:58 am
I find the Rodan and Field sellers the most obnoxious of the home based product sellers. I have no experience with the actual products though.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 12:41 pm
I believe it is a lot like mary kay or shaklee or avon or such.

My two cents on these things are that 1) you have to have alot of patience and time as well as have a love for sales. You need to be a sales person outgoing and social. and 2) make sure you have money to invest. It isn't just the stock you need to buy (and they will convince you to buy the biggest package to start with) it is also the little things like taxis if you don't have a car to go to parties, containers storage etc.

If you like these kind of mlm things then go for it. But don't think it will be easy. at all.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 6:11 am
Don't become one of those who lose their friends because they harass

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 6:16 am
MLM arrangements are pyramid schemes. They are scams. Some people make money; most people don't. More importantly, any one who does make money does so on the backs of those people on the bottom of the pyramid, those who will wind up losing their money.

That's not the way businesses should function.There are more effective and more ethical ways to make a living.

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 10:02 am
Just to clarify, pyramid scams are where you require people being lower on the pyramid in order to give you money. Not every pyramid-shaped marketing structure is like that.

For example, I'm very happy with my Mary Kay lady because she sells me things I want. I don't need to pay in just to keep the money flowing. I buy what I want and leave the rest. I'm happy to buy from a friend rather than some anonymous corporation, IF the friend is selling what I need and like. She doesn't say "give me money so you can be part of something great and then get money yourself" - she puts in time and energy like any other salesperson to teach me about the products and how to use them and helps me figure out which ones would be good for my needs. And if she recruits other people to do the same thing in their communities, why shouldn't she get credit for that?

Definitely some MLMs are scammy and even among the non-scams there are different levels, so you definitely need to be careful before going into one of these. You also need to know that the ones that work are real jobs, there is no such thing as a free lunch. But it irks me when people generalize saying ALLLL these things are scams. News flash: many of the companies you buy from in supermarkets and department stores are scamming you on some level too.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 10:55 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
MLM arrangements are pyramid schemes. They are scams. Some people make money; most people don't. More importantly, any one who does make money does so on the backs of those people on the bottom of the pyramid, those who will wind up losing their money.

That's not the way businesses should function.There are more effective and more ethical ways to make a living.

I myself can't stand these MLM businesses, but what's scammy about it? Recruiting people to work beneath you and making a commission off of them is unethical..how? How it is any worse than the CEO of GAP flying on a private jet to the Maldives while some child labor in Asia sews buttons for his company for $2 an hour?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers